Oct 26, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Are things at your club going badly?
Perhaps your team didn’t make the MLS playoffs? Or the tread on the tires of your favorite player is getting a little thin, if you know what I mean.
Or, maybe your club in Europe got out of the gate slowly, and finding traction on the long climb uphill seems unlikely.
Well, boo-hoo … because at least you can say this:
“My club isn’t directed by a man now going to prison!”
You can, that is, unless your team is known as AC Milan. Because the president of Italy’s giant soccer organization has, indeed, been sentenced to do some hard time.
Silvio Berlusconi was found guilty Friday of tax fraud and sentenced to four years in prison. There are appeals, and Berlusconi has certainly wiggled free of some jams before.
Either way, it’s a black mark on the club.
And it case you forgot about his attachments around the San Siro, here are a bunch of good snapshots of the former Italian Prime Minister in better times with AC Milan.
- Chelsea approves Jose Mourinho’s desire to play ‘B Squad’ against Liverpool 0
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 0
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 5