Oct 26, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Are things at your club going badly?
Perhaps your team didn’t make the MLS playoffs? Or the tread on the tires of your favorite player is getting a little thin, if you know what I mean.
Or, maybe your club in Europe got out of the gate slowly, and finding traction on the long climb uphill seems unlikely.
Well, boo-hoo … because at least you can say this:
“My club isn’t directed by a man now going to prison!”
You can, that is, unless your team is known as AC Milan. Because the president of Italy’s giant soccer organization has, indeed, been sentenced to do some hard time.
Silvio Berlusconi was found guilty Friday of tax fraud and sentenced to four years in prison. There are appeals, and Berlusconi has certainly wiggled free of some jams before.
Either way, it’s a black mark on the club.
And it case you forgot about his attachments around the San Siro, here are a bunch of good snapshots of the former Italian Prime Minister in better times with AC Milan.
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 4
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0
- NBC to air all 10 Premier League games on final day in “Championship Sunday” extravaganza 4
- Minnesota Vikings “stepping up” bid for MLS franchise 9
- Manchester City the best paid team in sport, beat New York Yankees to accolade 4
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 6 1