Oct 26, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Are things at your club going badly?
Perhaps your team didn’t make the MLS playoffs? Or the tread on the tires of your favorite player is getting a little thin, if you know what I mean.
Or, maybe your club in Europe got out of the gate slowly, and finding traction on the long climb uphill seems unlikely.
Well, boo-hoo … because at least you can say this:
“My club isn’t directed by a man now going to prison!”
You can, that is, unless your team is known as AC Milan. Because the president of Italy’s giant soccer organization has, indeed, been sentenced to do some hard time.
Silvio Berlusconi was found guilty Friday of tax fraud and sentenced to four years in prison. There are appeals, and Berlusconi has certainly wiggled free of some jams before.
Either way, it’s a black mark on the club.
And it case you forgot about his attachments around the San Siro, here are a bunch of good snapshots of the former Italian Prime Minister in better times with AC Milan.
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: United to get it right, Arsenal to stumble 1
- Profile: The life and times of Mario Balotelli 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 2 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: Guzan, Howard face tests; Bundesliga opens 0
- Balotelli flies to Liverpool for medical, but won’t play against Man City 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The Benefit of Mid-Week Edition 0