Oct 27, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
Watching Saturday’s match from Chicago, it is not hard to see why U.S. manager Jurgen Klinsmann has already seen Bill Hamid in so many full national team camps.
Hamid is just 21 but is already in his second season as a starting MLS goalkeeper. The Virginia native was surely at his tip-top best on Saturday at Toyota Park, where eight saves were required in order to keep D.C. United where it desperately wanted to be, out of that mid-week playoff elimination match.
Hamid’s best work came in the 63rd minute, as he stretched well to push away Sherjill MacDonald’s point-blank shot.
Come to think of it, though, his late, late save on Alex’s drive was pretty doggone good stuff, too.
Here are the NBC match highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And here is more of Hamid’s big afternoon for D.C. United, along with some post-game thoughts from the Man of the Match:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 1
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"