Oct 27, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
Watching Saturday’s match from Chicago, it is not hard to see why U.S. manager Jurgen Klinsmann has already seen Bill Hamid in so many full national team camps.
Hamid is just 21 but is already in his second season as a starting MLS goalkeeper. The Virginia native was surely at his tip-top best on Saturday at Toyota Park, where eight saves were required in order to keep D.C. United where it desperately wanted to be, out of that mid-week playoff elimination match.
Hamid’s best work came in the 63rd minute, as he stretched well to push away Sherjill MacDonald’s point-blank shot.
Come to think of it, though, his late, late save on Alex’s drive was pretty doggone good stuff, too.
Here are the NBC match highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And here is more of Hamid’s big afternoon for D.C. United, along with some post-game thoughts from the Man of the Match:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 0
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6
- Leicester, QPR, Burnley players earn England call-ups for June matches 2
- US Open Cup second round wrap: Several USL sides clipped by “minnows” 1
- Mats Hummels rejects Manchester United move, will stay at Dortmund 5