Oct 27, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
Thierry Henry gets so much of the attention directed toward New York’s pro soccer team.
Fellow DPs and international stars Tim Cahill and Rafa Marquez scoop up their share, too. And this year, American midfielder Dax McCarty has enjoyed a fantastic season.
But let’s tip our hats today to Kenny Cooper, who just matched an individual season high in goals. With Nos. 17 and 18 this year, Cooper matched his 2008 total, which was second that year among all MLS scorers.
That’s probably where he’ll finish this year, as well. Going into tonight’s matches, he’s second behind only Chris Wondolowski.
Here are both of Cooper’s goals in Saturday’s win over Philadelphia, along with the rest of the highlights.
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 1
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 1
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago