Oct 27, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
Thierry Henry gets so much of the attention directed toward New York’s pro soccer team.
Fellow DPs and international stars Tim Cahill and Rafa Marquez scoop up their share, too. And this year, American midfielder Dax McCarty has enjoyed a fantastic season.
But let’s tip our hats today to Kenny Cooper, who just matched an individual season high in goals. With Nos. 17 and 18 this year, Cooper matched his 2008 total, which was second that year among all MLS scorers.
That’s probably where he’ll finish this year, as well. Going into tonight’s matches, he’s second behind only Chris Wondolowski.
Here are both of Cooper’s goals in Saturday’s win over Philadelphia, along with the rest of the highlights.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0