Oct 29, 2012, 6:45 AM EST
For a match that seemed to have little on the line – the playoff matchups were all set before last night’s kickoff – the L.A. Galaxy’s 1-0 win over Seattle in the 2012 MLS regular season finale sure left a lot to talk about. So … let’s do that:
- First, it relegated Seattle to No. 3 in the standings, as Real Salt Lake clinched second place behind San Jose. That makes Real Salt Lake’s chances of hosting MLS Cup slightly better than Seattle’s should one of those clubs come through the West. (Neither team’s chances are very good, truth be told.)
- Eddie Johnson limped off in the first half with a hamstring injury. That’s fairly significant news, seeing as the re-born U.S. international is Seattle’s leading scorer. With 14 goals, he’s also the league’s sixth leading scorer. I’m sure you’ll hear more about this one – right here on this blog, in fact.
- Both teams used their top lineups, a little surprising in L.A.’s case, considering the Galaxy now potentially faces a schedule of three matches over 10 days, starting with Thursday’s elimination contest against Vancouver.
While you digest a little of that, here are highlights of last night’s match, including Mike Magee’s 82nd minute game winner.
- Premier League Playback: When will Arsenal, Liverpool snap out of their funk? 1
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 5-1 3
- Watch Live: Stoke City vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3