Oct 30, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
I just had a quick Twitter exchange with New York Red Bulls communications director Brian Tsao.
It would have been a phone conversation, but that was quickly deemed impossible, spotty cell service and all.
It would have been an email conversation – with more thorough exchanges of information and all – but the team’s email is down.
Tsao informed me through a quick Twitter exchange that some staff had arrived at the team’s stadium in Harrison, N.J. He said the team was assessing the stadium and the situation and hoped to have a statement from the club later today.
The Red Bulls are scheduled to host D.C. United at Red Bull Arena on Saturday in the first leg of the teams’ playoff series.
The Red Bulls offices as well as Major League Soccer’s offices were closed Monday due to Hurricane Sandy.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0