Oct 30, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
I just had a quick Twitter exchange with New York Red Bulls communications director Brian Tsao.
It would have been a phone conversation, but that was quickly deemed impossible, spotty cell service and all.
It would have been an email conversation – with more thorough exchanges of information and all – but the team’s email is down.
Tsao informed me through a quick Twitter exchange that some staff had arrived at the team’s stadium in Harrison, N.J. He said the team was assessing the stadium and the situation and hoped to have a statement from the club later today.
The Red Bulls are scheduled to host D.C. United at Red Bull Arena on Saturday in the first leg of the teams’ playoff series.
The Red Bulls offices as well as Major League Soccer’s offices were closed Monday due to Hurricane Sandy.
- WATCH: All the goals, highlights from Saturday in the Premier League 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 6
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video) 5
- Newcastle United 1-2 Swansea City: Bony’s brace seals crucial win for Swans (video) 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles assure second season in Premier League (video) 1