Oct 30, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
I just had a quick Twitter exchange with New York Red Bulls communications director Brian Tsao.
It would have been a phone conversation, but that was quickly deemed impossible, spotty cell service and all.
It would have been an email conversation – with more thorough exchanges of information and all – but the team’s email is down.
Tsao informed me through a quick Twitter exchange that some staff had arrived at the team’s stadium in Harrison, N.J. He said the team was assessing the stadium and the situation and hoped to have a statement from the club later today.
The Red Bulls are scheduled to host D.C. United at Red Bull Arena on Saturday in the first leg of the teams’ playoff series.
The Red Bulls offices as well as Major League Soccer’s offices were closed Monday due to Hurricane Sandy.
- Report: USA to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Everton set to complete $50 million deal for Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku 4
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1