Oct 30, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
I just had a quick Twitter exchange with New York Red Bulls communications director Brian Tsao.
It would have been a phone conversation, but that was quickly deemed impossible, spotty cell service and all.
It would have been an email conversation – with more thorough exchanges of information and all – but the team’s email is down.
Tsao informed me through a quick Twitter exchange that some staff had arrived at the team’s stadium in Harrison, N.J. He said the team was assessing the stadium and the situation and hoped to have a statement from the club later today.
The Red Bulls are scheduled to host D.C. United at Red Bull Arena on Saturday in the first leg of the teams’ playoff series.
The Red Bulls offices as well as Major League Soccer’s offices were closed Monday due to Hurricane Sandy.
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 0
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 1
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2
- VIDEO: Watch Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale dominate NBA’s half court challenge 0
- Study says Lionel Messi top striker in 2015, Cristiano Ronaldo 29th best 3
- USMNT vs Switzerland preview: Last time they met, Michael Bradley scored the winner with a full head of hair 0