Oct 30, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
We still don’t know much about Eddie Johnson’s hamstring, which is threatening his availability for Friday’s playoff opener against Real Salt Lake.
Johnson has been more confident lately than we’ve seen him in years – since he left Kansas City back in 2007 for four lost years abroad.
With 14 goals, he was Seattle’s leading scorer this year and the league’s sixth best scorer. But Johnson left Sunday’s regular season finale in the first half and was schedule to undergo an MRI on Monday. Team officials have yet to say how that turned out.
Meanwhile, we can tell you how head coach Sigi Schmid feels about his team’s loss to Los Angeles down in Southern California to finish the regular season:
I think we are ready for the playoffs, tonight has to be a good motivator. Sometimes when you get slapped a little bit towards the end of the season it can be a good thing because it reminds you of how that feels, and it is a feeling that you don’t want to have come back. I think this team definitely has what it takes to make a run at the championship. There is enough quality on the field, enough quality on our bench, and the desire is definitely there.”
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 0
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 1 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Player of the Week: Will Bruin 0
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 2
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers