Oct 30, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
We still don’t know much about Eddie Johnson’s hamstring, which is threatening his availability for Friday’s playoff opener against Real Salt Lake.
Johnson has been more confident lately than we’ve seen him in years – since he left Kansas City back in 2007 for four lost years abroad.
With 14 goals, he was Seattle’s leading scorer this year and the league’s sixth best scorer. But Johnson left Sunday’s regular season finale in the first half and was schedule to undergo an MRI on Monday. Team officials have yet to say how that turned out.
Meanwhile, we can tell you how head coach Sigi Schmid feels about his team’s loss to Los Angeles down in Southern California to finish the regular season:
I think we are ready for the playoffs, tonight has to be a good motivator. Sometimes when you get slapped a little bit towards the end of the season it can be a good thing because it reminds you of how that feels, and it is a feeling that you don’t want to have come back. I think this team definitely has what it takes to make a run at the championship. There is enough quality on the field, enough quality on our bench, and the desire is definitely there.”
- Stoke want to keep USA’s Geoff Cameron, Southampton in the hunt 0
- Tottenham Hotspur offer $26 million plus Andros Townsend for Jay Rodriguez 0
- Julian Green completes loan move to Hamburg 0
- Premier League Playback – Deadline Day madness, Chelsea’s ‘killers,’ Liverpool’s fluid-three 2
- LIVE Transfer Ticker – Deadline Day updates 1
- Reports: Manchester United nearing cut-price loan for Falcao 7