Oct 31, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Steve Nash is busy. Obviously. The longtime NBA bright light is beginning a spell with the legendary Lakers that will punctuate his own fairly legendary pro basketball career.
So what will the veteran guard and longtime soccer supporter do on his one night off in a super-packed few days?
He will buzz over to the Home Depot Center for the Vancouver Whitecaps-L.A. Galaxy playoff contest, of course.
Nash is a minority owner of the Whitecaps. He is also one of the city’s famous sons (someone quite outspoken when the NBA’s Grizzlies moved to Memphis a few years ago.)
Nash opened the NBA season at home on Tuesday, plays again in Portland tonight and then gets a night off before resuming on the hard court Friday. That leaves open a convenient Thursday night window to scoot down the 405 a few miles, into Carson to see his team play his new city’s team in a one-game elimination match.
I hope to be at the game — for sure … It’s phenomenal for the Whitecaps to make the playoffs in their second year in MLS. They’ve had a lot of ups and downs, a lot of change, a lot of difficult moments.”
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 1
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC 9
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (17)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Landon Donovan and a Gold Cup squeeze? He deserves better (9)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games