Oct 31, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Steve Nash is busy. Obviously. The longtime NBA bright light is beginning a spell with the legendary Lakers that will punctuate his own fairly legendary pro basketball career.
So what will the veteran guard and longtime soccer supporter do on his one night off in a super-packed few days?
He will buzz over to the Home Depot Center for the Vancouver Whitecaps-L.A. Galaxy playoff contest, of course.
Nash is a minority owner of the Whitecaps. He is also one of the city’s famous sons (someone quite outspoken when the NBA’s Grizzlies moved to Memphis a few years ago.)
Nash opened the NBA season at home on Tuesday, plays again in Portland tonight and then gets a night off before resuming on the hard court Friday. That leaves open a convenient Thursday night window to scoot down the 405 a few miles, into Carson to see his team play his new city’s team in a one-game elimination match.
I hope to be at the game — for sure … It’s phenomenal for the Whitecaps to make the playoffs in their second year in MLS. They’ve had a lot of ups and downs, a lot of change, a lot of difficult moments.”
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 4
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear