Oct 31, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Steve Nash is busy. Obviously. The longtime NBA bright light is beginning a spell with the legendary Lakers that will punctuate his own fairly legendary pro basketball career.
So what will the veteran guard and longtime soccer supporter do on his one night off in a super-packed few days?
He will buzz over to the Home Depot Center for the Vancouver Whitecaps-L.A. Galaxy playoff contest, of course.
Nash is a minority owner of the Whitecaps. He is also one of the city’s famous sons (someone quite outspoken when the NBA’s Grizzlies moved to Memphis a few years ago.)
Nash opened the NBA season at home on Tuesday, plays again in Portland tonight and then gets a night off before resuming on the hard court Friday. That leaves open a convenient Thursday night window to scoot down the 405 a few miles, into Carson to see his team play his new city’s team in a one-game elimination match.
I hope to be at the game — for sure … It’s phenomenal for the Whitecaps to make the playoffs in their second year in MLS. They’ve had a lot of ups and downs, a lot of change, a lot of difficult moments.”
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2