Nov 1, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
How do you think Mark Hughes is doing at Queens Park Rangers? The results are not there yet, but still…
He seemed to be OK a few years ago at Manchester City, but perhaps not OK enough for the new owners.
Did pretty well previously at Fulham, didn’t he? At any rate, if you see the famous Welshman today around West London or elsewhere, do be a good fellow and give the man some birthday wishes, eh? The QPR boss turns 49.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
Major League Soccer playoffs are off and running. So is the Houston Dynamo. Again. They launched the 2012 MLS playoffs doing what they do … upsetting teams on the road. Congrats! Your prize: a quick turn-around in a match against well-rested Sporting Kansas City, the Eastern Conference champs. So, good luck with all that.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Eddie Robinson
*Ahead on the blog today:
We have MLS playoff material galore. That includes more on last night’s match at Toyota Park and plenty on the Galaxy-Vancouver contest that keeps the playoff party going.
What you should watch on TV today:
Grab a little Italian roast and stay up late for David Beckham, Landon Donovan, Robbie Keane and the rest of the L.A. Galaxy as they host Vancouver in the young franchise’s first playoff test. The 10:30 p.m. kickoff is on NBC Sports Network.
We’ll leave you with this: Anybody else liking this MLS playoff rhythm that is developing? Game on Wednesday. Game on Thursday. Game on Friday. Game on Saturday. And then two games on Sunday. Our little league is growing up – and getting more and more right!
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market 12
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. 28
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 7
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 2
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 6
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (28)
- Portland ball kid correct to deny Mario de Luna (12)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (12)
- More on Landon Donovan and the U.S. national team roster (11)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team