Nov 1, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
How do you think Mark Hughes is doing at Queens Park Rangers? The results are not there yet, but still…
He seemed to be OK a few years ago at Manchester City, but perhaps not OK enough for the new owners.
Did pretty well previously at Fulham, didn’t he? At any rate, if you see the famous Welshman today around West London or elsewhere, do be a good fellow and give the man some birthday wishes, eh? The QPR boss turns 49.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
Major League Soccer playoffs are off and running. So is the Houston Dynamo. Again. They launched the 2012 MLS playoffs doing what they do … upsetting teams on the road. Congrats! Your prize: a quick turn-around in a match against well-rested Sporting Kansas City, the Eastern Conference champs. So, good luck with all that.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Eddie Robinson
*Ahead on the blog today:
We have MLS playoff material galore. That includes more on last night’s match at Toyota Park and plenty on the Galaxy-Vancouver contest that keeps the playoff party going.
What you should watch on TV today:
Grab a little Italian roast and stay up late for David Beckham, Landon Donovan, Robbie Keane and the rest of the L.A. Galaxy as they host Vancouver in the young franchise’s first playoff test. The 10:30 p.m. kickoff is on NBC Sports Network.
We’ll leave you with this: Anybody else liking this MLS playoff rhythm that is developing? Game on Wednesday. Game on Thursday. Game on Friday. Game on Saturday. And then two games on Sunday. Our little league is growing up – and getting more and more right!
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"