Nov 4, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
HOUSTON – You’ll be hearing a lot about Adam Moffat’s wonder strike in the first half of Sunday’s Houston Dynamo-Sporting Kansas City clash. Probably seeing it a lot, too. Do yourself a solid and watch it now.
It really was high-quality stuff, about as solid as you can hit a ball, and not one that was easy to seize, either. A twisting, full volley from almost 30 yards? One so well-placed that it beat the man who will probably be named Goalkeeper of the Year, even from that distance?
That’s one where all you can do is ask, “Are you kidding me?”
Not that it should totally shock us. Moffat has something of a (growing, surely?) reputation for cracking these long-range bombs.
He hit one from big distance last year against Portland. And another against the Galaxy.
Watch them both here, one of the 5:20 mark of this video and another at the 7:05 mark.
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 20
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (20)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights