Nov 4, 2012, 4:59 PM EST
HOUSTON – You’ll be hearing a lot about Adam Moffat’s wonder strike in the first half of Sunday’s Houston Dynamo-Sporting Kansas City clash. Probably seeing it a lot, too. Do yourself a solid and watch it now.
It really was high-quality stuff, about as solid as you can hit a ball, and not one that was easy to seize, either. A twisting, full volley from almost 30 yards? One so well-placed that it beat the man who will probably be named Goalkeeper of the Year, even from that distance?
That’s one where all you can do is ask, “Are you kidding me?”
Not that it should totally shock us. Moffat has something of a (growing, surely?) reputation for cracking these long-range bombs.
He hit one from big distance last year against Portland. And another against the Galaxy.
Watch them both here, one of the 5:20 mark of this video and another at the 7:05 mark.
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 0
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0