Nov 4, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
HOUSTON – You’ll be hearing a lot about Adam Moffat’s wonder strike in the first half of Sunday’s Houston Dynamo-Sporting Kansas City clash. Probably seeing it a lot, too. Do yourself a solid and watch it now.
It really was high-quality stuff, about as solid as you can hit a ball, and not one that was easy to seize, either. A twisting, full volley from almost 30 yards? One so well-placed that it beat the man who will probably be named Goalkeeper of the Year, even from that distance?
That’s one where all you can do is ask, “Are you kidding me?”
Not that it should totally shock us. Moffat has something of a (growing, surely?) reputation for cracking these long-range bombs.
He hit one from big distance last year against Portland. And another against the Galaxy.
Watch them both here, one of the 5:20 mark of this video and another at the 7:05 mark.
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 1
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1