Nov 4, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
HOUSTON – You’ll be hearing a lot about Adam Moffat’s wonder strike in the first half of Sunday’s Houston Dynamo-Sporting Kansas City clash. Probably seeing it a lot, too. Do yourself a solid and watch it now.
It really was high-quality stuff, about as solid as you can hit a ball, and not one that was easy to seize, either. A twisting, full volley from almost 30 yards? One so well-placed that it beat the man who will probably be named Goalkeeper of the Year, even from that distance?
That’s one where all you can do is ask, “Are you kidding me?”
Not that it should totally shock us. Moffat has something of a (growing, surely?) reputation for cracking these long-range bombs.
He hit one from big distance last year against Portland. And another against the Galaxy.
Watch them both here, one of the 5:20 mark of this video and another at the 7:05 mark.
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 0
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 2
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0
- WATCH: Special ‘Transfer Deadline Day show’ live online, NBCSN 0
- Reports: Arsenal to fork over $26 mil for Manchester United’s Welbeck 4
- Done Deal: Daley Blind is officially a member of Manchester United 1