Nov 4, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
HOUSTON – You’ll be hearing a lot about Adam Moffat’s wonder strike in the first half of Sunday’s Houston Dynamo-Sporting Kansas City clash. Probably seeing it a lot, too. Do yourself a solid and watch it now.
It really was high-quality stuff, about as solid as you can hit a ball, and not one that was easy to seize, either. A twisting, full volley from almost 30 yards? One so well-placed that it beat the man who will probably be named Goalkeeper of the Year, even from that distance?
That’s one where all you can do is ask, “Are you kidding me?”
Not that it should totally shock us. Moffat has something of a (growing, surely?) reputation for cracking these long-range bombs.
He hit one from big distance last year against Portland. And another against the Galaxy.
Watch them both here, one of the 5:20 mark of this video and another at the 7:05 mark.
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 1
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0
- Wolfsburg say Kevin de Bruyne not heading to Manchester City “at this point” 8
- 2015-16 Premier League Power Rankings, Vol. I: Taking very early stock with Man City on top 8
- Rooney, Van Gaal react to Manchester United captain’s slump-busting hat trick 2