Nov 4, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
The first playoff match in five years at RFK Stadium certainly was no disaster for the home team – but suffice to say, D.C. United was surely looking for more.
A missed penalty kick, a controversial own goal (Was there a foul on goalkeeper Bill Hamid?), a young starter temporarily losing his mind. Add it all up and it spells “opportunity lost.”
Said United manager Ben Olsen: “They are a beatable team, here or there. We can beat this team. And there is a great opportunity for us to go to New York and try to do that.”
Here are the match highlights from last night’s 1-1 draw in the Eastern Conference semifinal opening leg.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lessons from 2010 say U.S. squad as much about opportunity, circumstances as youth 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2
- U.S. roster for Czech Republic: Quick look at some of the newer names 4
- Plenty of surprises in US national team roster for Czech Republic friendly 1
- Analysis: Arsenal, Manchester City handed tough Champions League draw 1
- Full draw: European giants collide as UEFA Champions League groups set 7