Nov 4, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
The first playoff match in five years at RFK Stadium certainly was no disaster for the home team – but suffice to say, D.C. United was surely looking for more.
A missed penalty kick, a controversial own goal (Was there a foul on goalkeeper Bill Hamid?), a young starter temporarily losing his mind. Add it all up and it spells “opportunity lost.”
Said United manager Ben Olsen: “They are a beatable team, here or there. We can beat this team. And there is a great opportunity for us to go to New York and try to do that.”
Here are the match highlights from last night’s 1-1 draw in the Eastern Conference semifinal opening leg.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 0
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 5
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 2
- Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 4
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 1
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 4