Nov 4, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
The first playoff match in five years at RFK Stadium certainly was no disaster for the home team – but suffice to say, D.C. United was surely looking for more.
A missed penalty kick, a controversial own goal (Was there a foul on goalkeeper Bill Hamid?), a young starter temporarily losing his mind. Add it all up and it spells “opportunity lost.”
Said United manager Ben Olsen: “They are a beatable team, here or there. We can beat this team. And there is a great opportunity for us to go to New York and try to do that.”
Here are the match highlights from last night’s 1-1 draw in the Eastern Conference semifinal opening leg.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0