Nov 4, 2012, 8:47 AM EST
The first playoff match in five years at RFK Stadium certainly was no disaster for the home team – but suffice to say, D.C. United was surely looking for more.
A missed penalty kick, a controversial own goal (Was there a foul on goalkeeper Bill Hamid?), a young starter temporarily losing his mind. Add it all up and it spells “opportunity lost.”
Said United manager Ben Olsen: “They are a beatable team, here or there. We can beat this team. And there is a great opportunity for us to go to New York and try to do that.”
Here are the match highlights from last night’s 1-1 draw in the Eastern Conference semifinal opening leg.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 4
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0