Nov 4, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
The first playoff match in five years at RFK Stadium certainly was no disaster for the home team – but suffice to say, D.C. United was surely looking for more.
A missed penalty kick, a controversial own goal (Was there a foul on goalkeeper Bill Hamid?), a young starter temporarily losing his mind. Add it all up and it spells “opportunity lost.”
Said United manager Ben Olsen: “They are a beatable team, here or there. We can beat this team. And there is a great opportunity for us to go to New York and try to do that.”
Here are the match highlights from last night’s 1-1 draw in the Eastern Conference semifinal opening leg.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1