Nov 4, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
They’re at halftime at BBVA Compass Stadium, but the highlights are already coming in from Houston’s Eastern Conference semifinal with Sporting Kansas City – a rematch of last year’s conference final.
As you’d expect when a Dominic Kinnear-coached team meets Sporting, it’s been physical. Brad Davis, Kei Kamara, and Adam Moffat have all been hobbled, while Houston’s Jermaine Taylor picked up a leg injury that nearly forced Andre Hainault into the game.
It’s been a spirited affair that’s given us as many fouls (two) as shots on goal, though one of those tries was this rocket from Moffat, an 18th minute blast that gave Houston another early lead:
Houston jumped out on Chicago on Wednesday, riding an early Will Bruin goal to a 2-1 win in the Eastern Conference knockout game. That punched their ticket here, the Eastern Conference semis, where they’ve put Sporting in an unfamiliar position. Their 1-0 lead marks only the 11th time this season Sporting’s trailed.
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 3
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs