Nov 4, 2012, 4:58 PM EST
They’re at halftime at BBVA Compass Stadium, but the highlights are already coming in from Houston’s Eastern Conference semifinal with Sporting Kansas City – a rematch of last year’s conference final.
As you’d expect when a Dominic Kinnear-coached team meets Sporting, it’s been physical. Brad Davis, Kei Kamara, and Adam Moffat have all been hobbled, while Houston’s Jermaine Taylor picked up a leg injury that nearly forced Andre Hainault into the game.
It’s been a spirited affair that’s given us as many fouls (two) as shots on goal, though one of those tries was this rocket from Moffat, an 18th minute blast that gave Houston another early lead:
Houston jumped out on Chicago on Wednesday, riding an early Will Bruin goal to a 2-1 win in the Eastern Conference knockout game. That punched their ticket here, the Eastern Conference semis, where they’ve put Sporting in an unfamiliar position. Their 1-0 lead marks only the 11th time this season Sporting’s trailed.
- David Beckham says progress still being made toward MLS stadium in Miami 0
- DONE DEAL: Mattia Destro, Juan Agudelo sign with new clubs AC Milan, New England Revolution 0
- Juan Agudelo signs with New England Revolution, completes return to MLS 2
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 2
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa to contest FA charge of violent conduct 1
- Freddy Adu heading back to MLS? Reports claim two teams interested 12