Nov 4, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
They’re at halftime at BBVA Compass Stadium, but the highlights are already coming in from Houston’s Eastern Conference semifinal with Sporting Kansas City – a rematch of last year’s conference final.
As you’d expect when a Dominic Kinnear-coached team meets Sporting, it’s been physical. Brad Davis, Kei Kamara, and Adam Moffat have all been hobbled, while Houston’s Jermaine Taylor picked up a leg injury that nearly forced Andre Hainault into the game.
It’s been a spirited affair that’s given us as many fouls (two) as shots on goal, though one of those tries was this rocket from Moffat, an 18th minute blast that gave Houston another early lead:
Houston jumped out on Chicago on Wednesday, riding an early Will Bruin goal to a 2-1 win in the Eastern Conference knockout game. That punched their ticket here, the Eastern Conference semis, where they’ve put Sporting in an unfamiliar position. Their 1-0 lead marks only the 11th time this season Sporting’s trailed.
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 7 0
- Five moments that defined Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Atlético Madrid 0
- Three things we learned from Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea 2