Nov 4, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
HOUSTON – About 100 fans boarded up in cars and a bus yesterday to make the long, long trip south from Kansas City. About 15 hours long, as a matter of fact.
Why drive? Well, airline tickets on three days notice? Yeah, they usually just give those things away, right?
One member of Sporting Kansas City’s staff said airline tickets were starting at $700.
So, driving it is!
The bus trip wasn’t too bad. Equipped with DirectTV, the fans were able to spent a significant chunk of the trip watching live English Premier League Soccer yesterday.
And you can’t get that on most flights – not even for $700 a pop.
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 1
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC 9
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (17)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Landon Donovan and a Gold Cup squeeze? He deserves better (9)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games