Nov 4, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
HOUSTON – About 100 fans boarded up in cars and a bus yesterday to make the long, long trip south from Kansas City. About 15 hours long, as a matter of fact.
Why drive? Well, airline tickets on three days notice? Yeah, they usually just give those things away, right?
One member of Sporting Kansas City’s staff said airline tickets were starting at $700.
So, driving it is!
The bus trip wasn’t too bad. Equipped with DirectTV, the fans were able to spent a significant chunk of the trip watching live English Premier League Soccer yesterday.
And you can’t get that on most flights – not even for $700 a pop.
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 0
- Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 3
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 1
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 4
- UEFA could leave FIFA if Blatter stays on, as support for Prince Ali grows 27