Nov 4, 2012, 3:29 PM EST
HOUSTON – About 100 fans boarded up in cars and a bus yesterday to make the long, long trip south from Kansas City. About 15 hours long, as a matter of fact.
Why drive? Well, airline tickets on three days notice? Yeah, they usually just give those things away, right?
One member of Sporting Kansas City’s staff said airline tickets were starting at $700.
So, driving it is!
The bus trip wasn’t too bad. Equipped with DirectTV, the fans were able to spent a significant chunk of the trip watching live English Premier League Soccer yesterday.
And you can’t get that on most flights – not even for $700 a pop.
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 3
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire