Nov 4, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
HOUSTON – About 100 fans boarded up in cars and a bus yesterday to make the long, long trip south from Kansas City. About 15 hours long, as a matter of fact.
Why drive? Well, airline tickets on three days notice? Yeah, they usually just give those things away, right?
One member of Sporting Kansas City’s staff said airline tickets were starting at $700.
So, driving it is!
The bus trip wasn’t too bad. Equipped with DirectTV, the fans were able to spent a significant chunk of the trip watching live English Premier League Soccer yesterday.
And you can’t get that on most flights – not even for $700 a pop.
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 6
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0