Nov 4, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
HOUSTON – About 100 fans boarded up in cars and a bus yesterday to make the long, long trip south from Kansas City. About 15 hours long, as a matter of fact.
Why drive? Well, airline tickets on three days notice? Yeah, they usually just give those things away, right?
One member of Sporting Kansas City’s staff said airline tickets were starting at $700.
So, driving it is!
The bus trip wasn’t too bad. Equipped with DirectTV, the fans were able to spent a significant chunk of the trip watching live English Premier League Soccer yesterday.
And you can’t get that on most flights – not even for $700 a pop.
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 0
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 5
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 8
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Arsenal 9