Nov 5, 2012, 1:48 AM EDT
For as much success as Sporting Kansas City’s had over the last two years – and as two-time reigning Eastern Conference champions, they’ve had a lot of success – Peter Vermes’ team has no clue what to do with Houston. In their last five meetings with the Dynamo (a span stretching back one year), Sporting is 0-3-2 against Dominic Kinnear’s team, scoring only two goals in that time. Since 2007 (20 meetings), Kansas City’s beat Houston twice.
Sporting didn’t come close to bettering that record on Sunday. In the first leg of the teams’ Eastern Conference semifinal, Kansas City managed only one shot on goal, falling behind in the 18th minute en route to a 2-0 loss.
Here are the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The second leg kicks off Wednesday at 9:00 p.m. Eastern in Kansas City, where Houston has earned a draw in each of their last two appearances. When Houston’s not in town, Kansas City’s 10-3-3 at Livestrong Sporting Park.
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 4
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 33
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 8
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0