Nov 5, 2012, 1:48 AM EDT
For as much success as Sporting Kansas City’s had over the last two years – and as two-time reigning Eastern Conference champions, they’ve had a lot of success – Peter Vermes’ team has no clue what to do with Houston. In their last five meetings with the Dynamo (a span stretching back one year), Sporting is 0-3-2 against Dominic Kinnear’s team, scoring only two goals in that time. Since 2007 (20 meetings), Kansas City’s beat Houston twice.
Sporting didn’t come close to bettering that record on Sunday. In the first leg of the teams’ Eastern Conference semifinal, Kansas City managed only one shot on goal, falling behind in the 18th minute en route to a 2-0 loss.
Here are the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The second leg kicks off Wednesday at 9:00 p.m. Eastern in Kansas City, where Houston has earned a draw in each of their last two appearances. When Houston’s not in town, Kansas City’s 10-3-3 at Livestrong Sporting Park.
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3