Nov 5, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Let’s keep this post in perspective: We are just talking about a soccer match here.
Obviously, with more than a million people in New York and New Jersey still without power, there is more to worry about here as a nasty wave of cold, blustery weather approaches the East Coast.
That said …
Man, the New York Red Bulls-D.C. United series just cannot catch a break.
Last week, as we know – D.C. United fans will darn sure let you know, if you don’t know – the match scheduled for Red Bull Arena needed relocation due to more serious challenges facing areas of New Jersey. No, it’s not ideal for D.C. United, which earned the right to host the second leg and its inherent edges, but this was the right thing to do. Sorry, D.C. United fans, you need to get past this one.
But now this? A big storm is bearing down on the East Coast, set to begin delivering more misery just about the time D.C. United is set to kick off Wednesday against the Red Bulls in Harrison.
Acccording to this Weather.com report, the system will bring “strong winds, heavy rain, rough surf, and very chilly temperatures.” Arrival of the worst stuff, the howling winds, downpours and wind gusts of 50 mph: Wednesday night.
- Stock Falling: Which U.S. players’ statures are slipping … 0
- Get to your DVRs as soon as possible, because that Italy-Japan match was a classic 0
- Stock Rising: United States men whose values are rising out of Salt Lake 1
- MLS Preview: Portland Timbers at LA Galaxy 0
- Goal, assist from Neymar give Brazil win, prolong Mexico’s woes 2
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (29)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Orlando City dumps Sporting Kansas City out of U.S. Open Cup, extend unbeaten streak to 14 matches (13)
- It’s time FIFA reconsiders the Confederations Cup bid to the Oceania region (13)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public