Nov 6, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
Is Borussia Dortmund ready to take the next step, to join the likes of Real Madrid, Milan and Manchester United as true Champions League contenders?
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho believes so.
Or it could just be that Mourinho is making nice before their team’s UEFA Champions League clash today at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu. (The match is on Fox Soccer Plus at 2:30 p.m. ET, or on delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 5 p.m.)
What Mourinho said:
I’m worried about the whole Borussia Dortmund team. It is no coincidence that they have won the last two league titles in Germany or that they are top of the most difficult group in this season’s Champions League. They are a very strong team with very physical, quick players. If they reach the next round they will be candidates to win the trophy.”
By the way, Dortmund captain Sebastian Kehl has been fitted with a mask after breaking his nose in a weekend draw with Stuttgart; he remains questionable for today’s contest, however.
- Report: Diego Costa could be out four to six weeks with hamstring injury 0
- Transfer needs – Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City 1
- Olivier Giroud undergoes ankle surgery, out 3-4 months for Arsenal 0
- $410 million Las Vegas soccer stadium deal closer; next stop, Major League Soccer… 13
- Report: Arsenal bid $82 million for Edinson Cavani. Remy, Falcao, Welbeck linked 9
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0