Nov 6, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
Is Borussia Dortmund ready to take the next step, to join the likes of Real Madrid, Milan and Manchester United as true Champions League contenders?
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho believes so.
Or it could just be that Mourinho is making nice before their team’s UEFA Champions League clash today at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu. (The match is on Fox Soccer Plus at 2:30 p.m. ET, or on delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 5 p.m.)
What Mourinho said:
I’m worried about the whole Borussia Dortmund team. It is no coincidence that they have won the last two league titles in Germany or that they are top of the most difficult group in this season’s Champions League. They are a very strong team with very physical, quick players. If they reach the next round they will be candidates to win the trophy.”
By the way, Dortmund captain Sebastian Kehl has been fitted with a mask after breaking his nose in a weekend draw with Stuttgart; he remains questionable for today’s contest, however.
- Chelsea approves Jose Mourinho’s desire to play ‘B Squad’ against Liverpool 0
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 0
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 5