Nov 8, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
D.C. United midfielder Nick DeLeon will probably finish second in the Rookie of the Year balloting to Chicago’s Austin Berry. DeLeon started strong in 2012 and finished with a big flourish, but Berry will probably be rewarded as the more consistent for the months in between.
But there can be absolutely no question who is kicking up a bigger fuss in the 2012 playoffs. Berry’s Chicago Fire crashed out fast while D.C. United is perhaps 180 minutes away from hosting the MLS Cup final. And how about that!
If the men in the Black and Red do get there, DeLeon’s massive goal Thursday at Red Bull Arena will certainly have played a mighty part.
DeLeon was practically speechless afterward. See for yourself:
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 0
- Three MLS sides chasing Carlton Cole? 0
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte