Nov 8, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
D.C. United midfielder Nick DeLeon will probably finish second in the Rookie of the Year balloting to Chicago’s Austin Berry. DeLeon started strong in 2012 and finished with a big flourish, but Berry will probably be rewarded as the more consistent for the months in between.
But there can be absolutely no question who is kicking up a bigger fuss in the 2012 playoffs. Berry’s Chicago Fire crashed out fast while D.C. United is perhaps 180 minutes away from hosting the MLS Cup final. And how about that!
If the men in the Black and Red do get there, DeLeon’s massive goal Thursday at Red Bull Arena will certainly have played a mighty part.
DeLeon was practically speechless afterward. See for yourself:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 0
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0
- Report: Sami Khedira to seal $20 million Arsenal move in January 2