Nov 8, 2012, 11:15 PM EST
D.C. United midfielder Nick DeLeon will probably finish second in the Rookie of the Year balloting to Chicago’s Austin Berry. DeLeon started strong in 2012 and finished with a big flourish, but Berry will probably be rewarded as the more consistent for the months in between.
But there can be absolutely no question who is kicking up a bigger fuss in the 2012 playoffs. Berry’s Chicago Fire crashed out fast while D.C. United is perhaps 180 minutes away from hosting the MLS Cup final. And how about that!
If the men in the Black and Red do get there, DeLeon’s massive goal Thursday at Red Bull Arena will certainly have played a mighty part.
DeLeon was practically speechless afterward. See for yourself:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Venue Guide: Check out where the USA will play at 2014 World Cup in Brazil 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Everton flying, Manchester United nosedive – Week 14-15 1
- Three 2014 World Cup dark horses across three continents 1
- UEFA Champions League preview: Arsenal, Chelsea look to close out groups 0
- New York City FC names Jason Kreis its first coach 5
- UEFA Champions League recap: Man United, Bayern join Real, PSG as group winners 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (15)
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"