Nov 8, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
D.C. United midfielder Nick DeLeon will probably finish second in the Rookie of the Year balloting to Chicago’s Austin Berry. DeLeon started strong in 2012 and finished with a big flourish, but Berry will probably be rewarded as the more consistent for the months in between.
But there can be absolutely no question who is kicking up a bigger fuss in the 2012 playoffs. Berry’s Chicago Fire crashed out fast while D.C. United is perhaps 180 minutes away from hosting the MLS Cup final. And how about that!
If the men in the Black and Red do get there, DeLeon’s massive goal Thursday at Red Bull Arena will certainly have played a mighty part.
DeLeon was practically speechless afterward. See for yourself:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 13
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 32