Nov 8, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
D.C. United midfielder Nick DeLeon will probably finish second in the Rookie of the Year balloting to Chicago’s Austin Berry. DeLeon started strong in 2012 and finished with a big flourish, but Berry will probably be rewarded as the more consistent for the months in between.
But there can be absolutely no question who is kicking up a bigger fuss in the 2012 playoffs. Berry’s Chicago Fire crashed out fast while D.C. United is perhaps 180 minutes away from hosting the MLS Cup final. And how about that!
If the men in the Black and Red do get there, DeLeon’s massive goal Thursday at Red Bull Arena will certainly have played a mighty part.
DeLeon was practically speechless afterward. See for yourself:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Brek Shea’s USMNT return includes a personal, artistic touch 3
- Wayne Rooney may play in midfield: How will Chelsea, Manchester United line up? 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 33 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Red-hot teams will keep rolling 3
- MLS Week 7 preview: RSL vs. Whitecaps, Galaxy vs. Sporting KC in the wild West 0
- Injury crisis for Manchester United as four key players to miss clash vs. Chelsea 1