Nov 8, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
Lost in the NYRB-DC hubbub — for the East Coast media, at least — is the fact that there’s another great game tonight. Real Salt Lake hosts the Seattle Sounders at Rio Tinto Stadium. The winner goes to the Western Conference final to face the Los Angeles Galaxy.
RSL hasn’t scored in four matches, but Álvaro Saborío doesn’t seem concerned. “We didn’t score, but we have a lot of confidence in ourselves, and we think that we can score goals,” he said. “We have to be more patient in front of the goal.”
Meanwhile, the Sounders are running out of time to win an MLS Cup.
“We’ve talked about it for a number of years that if we don’t get it done this year, then things are going to change,” Sounders midfielder Brad Evans told MLSSoccer.com. “The group has been together for four years and we’ve implemented a number of bodies into positions that we needed to. We have the players now that everyone wants from the top down. If there’s any time, the time is now.”
Buckle up, this could be good. And the cops are out and they are RSL fans. No, seriously:
My friend got pulled over today for registration. The cop said “I cannot give you a ticket cause you’re wearing a @realsaltlake jersey”. WIN
— Branden Steineckert (@801PUNX) November 8, 2012
- MLS roundup: 20 goals in 4 games Saturday night — WATCH THEM ALL! 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 1-2 D.C. United 0
- MLS Snapshot: Houston Dynamo 4-4 Sporting Kansas City 2
- MLS Snapshot: New England Revolution 4-0 Real Salt Lake 0
- MLS Snapshot: Columbus Crew SC 4-1 Philadelphia Union 1
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0