Nov 9, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Soccer birthdays: Philadelphia Union defender Bakary Soumaré (shown above, shuffling) turns 27. The former MLS Best XI member is still searching for his form, but he has a bit of time. Maybe it’s in his birthday cake.
And Norwich City’s Michael Turner turns 29.
Big Important Stories of the Day: The conference finals are set. Who ya go? Who’s Steve got? What about Farley? Me, I’m taking the New England Revolution in 2013. Right now, though, it’s all about Houston. DYNAMOOOOOOOOO.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Paul Bravo.
*Ahead on the blog today: We break down the conference semifinals, while previewing the weekend action in the United States and over there in Europe. What else would you expect on a Friday? NFL previews? Sorry brah.
Twitter daps: jlakfjsldk
Everyone’s talking about the weather:
First truly cloudy day in Cali?
— Juan Agudelo (@jagudelo11) November 8, 2012
Beautiful sunset after the snow storm instagr.am/p/RyJj12tzCD/
— Heath Pearce (@HeathGPearce) November 8, 2012
What you should watch on TV today: There aren’t a whole lot of options out there. Would you settle for Mainz 05 vs. Nürnberg? Or Nancy vs. Rennes? Man, it seems like Rennes is always on in this Friday afternoon timeslot. Weirdness.
We’ll leave you with this: Is this the best MLS season ever? Compelling storylines throughout, a rising level of play, drama on the last day thanks for Mr. Chris Wondolowski, and some fun playoffs so far. What do you think?
- CSKA Moscow 2-2 Manchester City: Citizens blow 2-0 lead, Champions League hopes in ruin 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Did Seattle, DC leapfrog LA? 0
- PST’s MLS Player of the Week: Heavy on Eastern Conference nominees 0
- Premier League player of the week – Round 8 0
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 1
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0