Nov 12, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Los Angeles Galaxy manager wrapped it up nicely, summarizing how one club could so thoroughly dominate another capable outfit:
“The whole group tonight, this was one of those nights where every player was on form.”
Indeed it was. Robbie Keane, Landon Donovan, Christian Wilhelmsson, Mike Magee, Omar Gonzalez and Sean Franklin, in particular, were in the saddle as Los Angeles rode roughshod over the weary travelers in last night’s 3-0 win.
In the attack, it’s all about the combined movement and understanding that has developed between Irish international Keane and U.S. international Donovan.
Examples of the pair’s splendid work are all over the highlight package. The best illustration of the defense-shredder this fluid interchange has become isn’t even one of the goals (although only a heady, hustling play from Seattle center back Jeff Parke keeps it from being one.) Pay close attention at the 7-minute mark of the video as Donovan, Keane and Wilhelmsson come together in a sharp sequence of runs, dummy runs and precision passing.
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 8
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 3