Nov 12, 2012, 9:20 AM EST
Los Angeles Galaxy manager wrapped it up nicely, summarizing how one club could so thoroughly dominate another capable outfit:
“The whole group tonight, this was one of those nights where every player was on form.”
Indeed it was. Robbie Keane, Landon Donovan, Christian Wilhelmsson, Mike Magee, Omar Gonzalez and Sean Franklin, in particular, were in the saddle as Los Angeles rode roughshod over the weary travelers in last night’s 3-0 win.
In the attack, it’s all about the combined movement and understanding that has developed between Irish international Keane and U.S. international Donovan.
Examples of the pair’s splendid work are all over the highlight package. The best illustration of the defense-shredder this fluid interchange has become isn’t even one of the goals (although only a heady, hustling play from Seattle center back Jeff Parke keeps it from being one.) Pay close attention at the 7-minute mark of the video as Donovan, Keane and Wilhelmsson come together in a sharp sequence of runs, dummy runs and precision passing.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3