Nov 12, 2012, 9:20 AM EST
Los Angeles Galaxy manager wrapped it up nicely, summarizing how one club could so thoroughly dominate another capable outfit:
“The whole group tonight, this was one of those nights where every player was on form.”
Indeed it was. Robbie Keane, Landon Donovan, Christian Wilhelmsson, Mike Magee, Omar Gonzalez and Sean Franklin, in particular, were in the saddle as Los Angeles rode roughshod over the weary travelers in last night’s 3-0 win.
In the attack, it’s all about the combined movement and understanding that has developed between Irish international Keane and U.S. international Donovan.
Examples of the pair’s splendid work are all over the highlight package. The best illustration of the defense-shredder this fluid interchange has become isn’t even one of the goals (although only a heady, hustling play from Seattle center back Jeff Parke keeps it from being one.) Pay close attention at the 7-minute mark of the video as Donovan, Keane and Wilhelmsson come together in a sharp sequence of runs, dummy runs and precision passing.
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0