Nov 12, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Long, long, long-time MLS man Tyrone Marshall turns 38.
Long, long, long-time South African international striker Benni McCarthy turns 35.
English journeyman D.J. Campbell turns 31.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
United States national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann (pictured), already in position in Europe, releases his roster for Wednesday’s match against Russia. This closes Klinsmman’s first full year in charge.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Ante Razov
*Ahead on the blog today:
There’s plenty to go over regarding the MLS playoffs, where the conference semifinal series are halfway done. And, of course, we’ll go over Klinsmann’s selections for the Wednesday contest against Russia.
What you should watch on TV today:
Monday FA Cup clash, anybody? AFC Wimbledon faces York City in a battle between lower tier teams. It’s on Fox Soccer Channel at 1:45 p.m. ET.
We’ll leave you with this: Uh, we don’t like to complain, but are you about to get Houston-Los Angeles again for MLS Cup, a repeat of the 2011 championship? And inside the very same building, too?
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 0
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0