Nov 12, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Long, long, long-time MLS man Tyrone Marshall turns 38.
Long, long, long-time South African international striker Benni McCarthy turns 35.
English journeyman D.J. Campbell turns 31.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
United States national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann (pictured), already in position in Europe, releases his roster for Wednesday’s match against Russia. This closes Klinsmman’s first full year in charge.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Ante Razov
*Ahead on the blog today:
There’s plenty to go over regarding the MLS playoffs, where the conference semifinal series are halfway done. And, of course, we’ll go over Klinsmann’s selections for the Wednesday contest against Russia.
What you should watch on TV today:
Monday FA Cup clash, anybody? AFC Wimbledon faces York City in a battle between lower tier teams. It’s on Fox Soccer Channel at 1:45 p.m. ET.
We’ll leave you with this: Uh, we don’t like to complain, but are you about to get Houston-Los Angeles again for MLS Cup, a repeat of the 2011 championship? And inside the very same building, too?
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3