Nov 12, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Long, long, long-time MLS man Tyrone Marshall turns 38.
Long, long, long-time South African international striker Benni McCarthy turns 35.
English journeyman D.J. Campbell turns 31.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
United States national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann (pictured), already in position in Europe, releases his roster for Wednesday’s match against Russia. This closes Klinsmman’s first full year in charge.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Ante Razov
*Ahead on the blog today:
There’s plenty to go over regarding the MLS playoffs, where the conference semifinal series are halfway done. And, of course, we’ll go over Klinsmann’s selections for the Wednesday contest against Russia.
What you should watch on TV today:
Monday FA Cup clash, anybody? AFC Wimbledon faces York City in a battle between lower tier teams. It’s on Fox Soccer Channel at 1:45 p.m. ET.
We’ll leave you with this: Uh, we don’t like to complain, but are you about to get Houston-Los Angeles again for MLS Cup, a repeat of the 2011 championship? And inside the very same building, too?
- FOLLOW LIVE – Bayern Munich, Manchester City clash in Champions League 0
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0
- Captain Clint fires Seattle Sounders to US Open Cup crown in 3-1 extra time win over Philadelphia 10
- Report: FA to overhaul work permit rules to cut down on non-EU players 9
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 9