Nov 13, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
What a story-book finish this one is setting up to be …
OK, the chances of it playing out this way are fairly remote, with too many moving pieces and too many things that could possible send this fascinating scenario askew, but let’s talk about it anyway …
D.C. United trails Houston, 3-1, in the teams’ total goals Eastern Conference finals series.
So they have two goals to make up. Is it really so far-fetched that United gets one goal back, then goes into nervous, final minutes needing that second? Or perhaps needing a third to finish out the series without a 30-minute extra time?
And then this happens …
Dwayne DeRosario has not played for United since a knee injury suffered back on Sept. 11 while on Canadian national team duty. United regrouped and has become one of Major League Soccer’s top stories since, excelling despite the loss of its attacking leader and defending Major League Soccer MVP.
Still, none of that means fans and officials around RFK wouldn’t love so see De Rosario back on the field, if only for the final minutes, Sunday against Houston.
- Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Red Devils up to third 0
- Liverpool 2-0 West Ham United: Coutinho shines, Sturridge scores in return 0
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. Manchester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. West Ham United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1