Nov 13, 2012, 1:55 PM EST
Internationals from other parts of the world are perennially high on the “cool factor” and equally low on the “convenience factor.” It is what it is.
Luckily there are DVRs and computer-assisted daytime work viewing, sneaky and naughty as it may be. Hee-hee.
One way or the other, get it done! Here’s how we would arrange things Wednesday.
10 a.m. ET:
Get your second cup of Italian roast in hand and watch Jurgen Klinsmann’s national team finish its 2012 schedule. The following year will be stocking stuffed with final round World Cup qualifiers and the Gold Cup, so Wednesday’s contest may help reveal a few more clues as to whom Klinsmann will lean on in the coming months. The match is on ESPN2.
Don’t expect Saudi Arabia to put up much resistance against the fabulous Leo Messi (pictured) and Argentina. But it should be a hoot for daytime viewing, as the South American giants play at the King Fahd International Stadium.
2:30 p.m. ET:
Life is about tough choices … and we can’t do everything for you around here. You’ll have to pick from two good ones, Sweden-England on GolTV, or old rivals Netherlands-Germany meeting on ESPN2. (Of course, given the greatness of DVRs and such, I suppose it is possible to catch both.)
4 p.m. ET:
If one of the above matches gets out of hand, or goes a little humdrum on you (and assuming you’re among the lucky set already blessed with beIN Sport), click over at some point to Panama-Spain on the new Al Jazeera-backed channel. The European champions will be at far less than full strength for their trip into Central America, but there’s plenty of talent just the same.
- MLS Cup preview: Real Salt Lake meets Sporting Kansas City to decide Major League Soccer’s 18th championship 1
- USA’s World Cup opponents: What to expect from Germany, Portugal and Ghana 6
- World Cup 2014: Group analysis from Soccerly.com 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues 15
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (36)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (21)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (15)