Nov 13, 2012, 7:45 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
Mexican national team coach Jose Manuel “Chepo” De La Torre turns 47 today. Celebrate by watching his team fall inside Azteca Stadium last August, a very rare los for El Tri inside Mexico City. Let’s see now … who was the opposition that day? Oh, that’s right!
Big Important Stories of the Day:
United States national team has landed in Krasnodar, Russia, for tomorrow’s friendly. This match (10 a.m. ET on ESPN2) closes out Jurgen Klinsmann’s first full year in charge.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Mike Lapper
*Ahead on the blog today:
A little more on the United States roster, about a couple of missing men.
Plus more on the upcoming MLS playoffs, the second legs of the conference finals that started last weekend.
What you should watch on TV today:
The “kids” take center stage when England meets Northern Ireland in an under-21 clash. That’s on at 2:30 p.m. on Fox Soccer Channel at 1:45 p.m. ET.
About the photo: U.S. players Sacha Kljestan, Herculez Gomez and Nick Rimando come off the plane from Frankfurt into Krasnodar, Russia, site of tomorrow’s friendly.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0