Nov 14, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Capping an amazing day of individual brilliance, Zlatan Ibrahimovic gives us one of the best goals we’ll ever see. While that may sound like the type of exaggeration that you hear far too often nowadays, there are few superlatives that would be exaggeration when applied to this, a 30-yard bicycle kick for Ibrahimovic’s fourth goal of the day.
Sure, Joe Hart did his part to set that up, but let’s be glad he did! That was amazing. Absolutely incredible. Just his ability to get that ball on target, from that far.
Look at how high his leg is as he follows through, his body corkscrewing with the momentum of his kick. For those people who don’t like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, just ask how many people are even physically capable of pulling off that type of play, let alone pulling it out in live, split-second action. Arjen Robben would have popped his spleen.
Without a doubt, this is the best thing to happen all day, and while some may tsk at its significance, remember: It was his fourth of fourth goals. The guy had a hat trick before even trying that bicycle kick, and given the amount of derision English soccer (as a culture) has cast toward Ibrahimovic, the outburst serves as a small piece of revenge from one of the world’s best players.
Here are all the goals, Ibrahimovic leading Sweden to a 4-2 win over England:
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 6
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1