Nov 15, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
David Beckham’s influence has waned slightly on the field for the Los Angeles Galaxy. He’s 37 and, lately, fighting through some injuries, so some decline in impact can hardly be a shocker.
On the other hand, soccer’s iconic midfielder and free kick specialist remains a marketing tour du force, apparently.
Just two days ago, Swiss watch maker Breitling announced that Beckham had signed on as a new endorsing partner.
The new ad campaign is in full swing; I noticed a full page ad in this morning New York Times featuring the smoldering stare of Mr. Beckham.
The Galaxy midfielder didn’t need to travel far for his first major shoot; the ads you will see (and the video below) were shot at the Mojave Air & Space Port in California.
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC collapses, will remain at Barcelona 2
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 5
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 6
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 12
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 8
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 1