Nov 15, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
David Beckham’s influence has waned slightly on the field for the Los Angeles Galaxy. He’s 37 and, lately, fighting through some injuries, so some decline in impact can hardly be a shocker.
On the other hand, soccer’s iconic midfielder and free kick specialist remains a marketing tour du force, apparently.
Just two days ago, Swiss watch maker Breitling announced that Beckham had signed on as a new endorsing partner.
The new ad campaign is in full swing; I noticed a full page ad in this morning New York Times featuring the smoldering stare of Mr. Beckham.
The Galaxy midfielder didn’t need to travel far for his first major shoot; the ads you will see (and the video below) were shot at the Mojave Air & Space Port in California.
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6