Nov 15, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
David Beckham’s influence has waned slightly on the field for the Los Angeles Galaxy. He’s 37 and, lately, fighting through some injuries, so some decline in impact can hardly be a shocker.
On the other hand, soccer’s iconic midfielder and free kick specialist remains a marketing tour du force, apparently.
Just two days ago, Swiss watch maker Breitling announced that Beckham had signed on as a new endorsing partner.
The new ad campaign is in full swing; I noticed a full page ad in this morning New York Times featuring the smoldering stare of Mr. Beckham.
The Galaxy midfielder didn’t need to travel far for his first major shoot; the ads you will see (and the video below) were shot at the Mojave Air & Space Port in California.
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 10