Nov 15, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
David Beckham’s influence has waned slightly on the field for the Los Angeles Galaxy. He’s 37 and, lately, fighting through some injuries, so some decline in impact can hardly be a shocker.
On the other hand, soccer’s iconic midfielder and free kick specialist remains a marketing tour du force, apparently.
Just two days ago, Swiss watch maker Breitling announced that Beckham had signed on as a new endorsing partner.
The new ad campaign is in full swing; I noticed a full page ad in this morning New York Times featuring the smoldering stare of Mr. Beckham.
The Galaxy midfielder didn’t need to travel far for his first major shoot; the ads you will see (and the video below) were shot at the Mojave Air & Space Port in California.
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 0
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 1 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Player of the Week: Will Bruin 0
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 2
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers