Nov 15, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
David Beckham’s influence has waned slightly on the field for the Los Angeles Galaxy. He’s 37 and, lately, fighting through some injuries, so some decline in impact can hardly be a shocker.
On the other hand, soccer’s iconic midfielder and free kick specialist remains a marketing tour du force, apparently.
Just two days ago, Swiss watch maker Breitling announced that Beckham had signed on as a new endorsing partner.
The new ad campaign is in full swing; I noticed a full page ad in this morning New York Times featuring the smoldering stare of Mr. Beckham.
The Galaxy midfielder didn’t need to travel far for his first major shoot; the ads you will see (and the video below) were shot at the Mojave Air & Space Port in California.
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 3
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago