Nov 16, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
We know that Robbie Keane and Will Bruin have bigger things to worry about than chasing some dude they call “The Little Fish.” But let’s talk about this anyway …
The veteran Galaxy striker (Keane) and the second-year Dynamo striker (Bruin) have four goals apiece in the playoffs. They have one (or perhaps two … MLS Cup, anyone?) to make a move on Carlos Ruiz. Or somebody.
Right now, eight men have had better scoring runs in an MLS playoff season. At the top is Carlos Ruiz, who struck eight times for the Galaxy en route to the 2002 MLS Cup title.
Ruiz, by the way, had a full set of six matches to gather up his eight goals. The playoffs were configured differently then, but it was six matches through the final, just the same. (And “El Pescadito” hit the game-winner in that 2002 final.)
Here is the list of top scorers in an MLS playoff season.
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0
- CONCACAF aims for 50-50 crowd split for USA vs. Mexico clash at Rose Bowl 2
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0