Nov 16, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
We know that Robbie Keane and Will Bruin have bigger things to worry about than chasing some dude they call “The Little Fish.” But let’s talk about this anyway …
The veteran Galaxy striker (Keane) and the second-year Dynamo striker (Bruin) have four goals apiece in the playoffs. They have one (or perhaps two … MLS Cup, anyone?) to make a move on Carlos Ruiz. Or somebody.
Right now, eight men have had better scoring runs in an MLS playoff season. At the top is Carlos Ruiz, who struck eight times for the Galaxy en route to the 2002 MLS Cup title.
Ruiz, by the way, had a full set of six matches to gather up his eight goals. The playoffs were configured differently then, but it was six matches through the final, just the same. (And “El Pescadito” hit the game-winner in that 2002 final.)
Here is the list of top scorers in an MLS playoff season.
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 0
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0