Nov 18, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
If U.S. national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann is not taking a close look at Tally Hall, it’s not the Houston Dynamo goalkeeper’s fault.
Hall keeps getting the job done in the playoffs for Houston, doing his part yet again Sunday with five saves.
His best was on a first half drive from Chris Korb (and the save was trickier even than it looked.) Hall was also off the line like a flash to pick balls out of the air late against an increasingly desperate D.C. United, and to calmly pounce on one ball that slipped dangerously behind the visitor’s center backs.
Right after Sunday’s final whistle at RFK Stadium, NBC’s Kyle Martino talked to Hall about the Dynamo’s big afternoon.
(Don’t forget, by the way, that Hall is just a second-year starter; Now he’s 2-for-2 in getting the team into the MLS Cup final.)
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
ProSoccerTalk will keep up the discussion of the chase for MLS Cup through the Dec. 1 final.
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 2
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 5
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 7
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 4
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 21
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 8