Nov 19, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
The quick reactions and a few early elements on “What we learned” in Sunday’s contest in Seattle can be found here.
A more studious analysis of what happened in the Sounders’ 2-1 win (which was also a loss) can be found here.
But since we’re all busy, maybe you just want the highlights.
Watch with particular attention to Eddie Johnson’s first ball to get past Galaxy goalkeeper Josh Saunders, which was nullified for offside, although the Sounders’ striker was actually in a legal position, as the replays showed.
Soon enough, Johnson scored the actual opener, Zach Scott followed up and Seattle was rolling – until the controversial penalty kick.
Check back later for more on Sunday’s playoff developments and controversies. Meanwhile, the ‘lights are all here:
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire vs. New England Revolution (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 5
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video) 5
- Newcastle United 1-2 Swansea City: Bony’s brace seals crucial win for Swans 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles assure second season in Premier League 0