Nov 19, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
The quick reactions and a few early elements on “What we learned” in Sunday’s contest in Seattle can be found here.
A more studious analysis of what happened in the Sounders’ 2-1 win (which was also a loss) can be found here.
But since we’re all busy, maybe you just want the highlights.
Watch with particular attention to Eddie Johnson’s first ball to get past Galaxy goalkeeper Josh Saunders, which was nullified for offside, although the Sounders’ striker was actually in a legal position, as the replays showed.
Soon enough, Johnson scored the actual opener, Zach Scott followed up and Seattle was rolling – until the controversial penalty kick.
Check back later for more on Sunday’s playoff developments and controversies. Meanwhile, the ‘lights are all here:
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 3
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 3
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3