Nov 19, 2012, 9:53 AM EST
The quick reactions and a few early elements on “What we learned” in Sunday’s contest in Seattle can be found here.
A more studious analysis of what happened in the Sounders’ 2-1 win (which was also a loss) can be found here.
But since we’re all busy, maybe you just want the highlights.
Watch with particular attention to Eddie Johnson’s first ball to get past Galaxy goalkeeper Josh Saunders, which was nullified for offside, although the Sounders’ striker was actually in a legal position, as the replays showed.
Soon enough, Johnson scored the actual opener, Zach Scott followed up and Seattle was rolling – until the controversial penalty kick.
Check back later for more on Sunday’s playoff developments and controversies. Meanwhile, the ‘lights are all here:
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1