Nov 19, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
Three quick points to make as we look over the updated list of all-time top playoff scoring seasons in MLS, where the Galaxy’s Robbie Keane cracked the Top 10 with Sunday’s strike in Seattle.
- The fact that Keane climbed into Top 10 status got somewhat lost in all the hoopla, what, with L.A. advancing, the controversial penalty kick that led to Keane’s fifth post-season goal and all the rest. So … now you know.
- Keane was slightly fortunate to stand over the spot shot. On the one hand, he created it. (In fact, some might say that, short on options, he actually attempted to chip the ball up into Adam Johansson’s hand. Tough call, in all honesty. Only the Irishman himself knows for 100 percent sure.) Either way, Landon Donovan would usually take penalty kicks for Los Angeles. As he was on the bench with an uncooperative hamstring, Keane stood over the shot.
- If you look at the list, it’s getting tougher and tougher to crack. No disrespect to the men who built this list in the late 1990s and early 2000s, but the numbers don’t lie. It’s not as easy to get on a playoff roll these days.
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 2
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 33
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 8
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0