Nov 19, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
Three quick points to make as we look over the updated list of all-time top playoff scoring seasons in MLS, where the Galaxy’s Robbie Keane cracked the Top 10 with Sunday’s strike in Seattle.
- The fact that Keane climbed into Top 10 status got somewhat lost in all the hoopla, what, with L.A. advancing, the controversial penalty kick that led to Keane’s fifth post-season goal and all the rest. So … now you know.
- Keane was slightly fortunate to stand over the spot shot. On the one hand, he created it. (In fact, some might say that, short on options, he actually attempted to chip the ball up into Adam Johansson’s hand. Tough call, in all honesty. Only the Irishman himself knows for 100 percent sure.) Either way, Landon Donovan would usually take penalty kicks for Los Angeles. As he was on the bench with an uncooperative hamstring, Keane stood over the shot.
- If you look at the list, it’s getting tougher and tougher to crack. No disrespect to the men who built this list in the late 1990s and early 2000s, but the numbers don’t lie. It’s not as easy to get on a playoff roll these days.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 4
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0