Nov 20, 2012, 10:41 AM EST
Humility, it seems, is in the Houston Dynamo DNA.
We are hearing some (very premature) talk of “Dynamo Dynasty.” Yes, the phrasing has a nice ring to it; who doesn’t love some sing-songy alliteration?
What it does not have is a ring of truth to it. Four MLS Cup finals in seven years is wonderful, a collection of acheivment speaking volumes for coach Dominic Kinnear, chief engineer on the Humble Houston Express, it must be said.
But the men in orange have not actually won an MLS Cup since 2007. So when the ol’ “Dynamo Dynasty” narrative began getting tossed around, none other than Dynamo president Chris Canetti was there to swat it back into the third row.
He said, essentially, let’s all slow our roll on this dynasty talk – at least until we win a couple more.
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire