Nov 20, 2012, 10:41 AM EST
Humility, it seems, is in the Houston Dynamo DNA.
We are hearing some (very premature) talk of “Dynamo Dynasty.” Yes, the phrasing has a nice ring to it; who doesn’t love some sing-songy alliteration?
What it does not have is a ring of truth to it. Four MLS Cup finals in seven years is wonderful, a collection of acheivment speaking volumes for coach Dominic Kinnear, chief engineer on the Humble Houston Express, it must be said.
But the men in orange have not actually won an MLS Cup since 2007. So when the ol’ “Dynamo Dynasty” narrative began getting tossed around, none other than Dynamo president Chris Canetti was there to swat it back into the third row.
He said, essentially, let’s all slow our roll on this dynasty talk – at least until we win a couple more.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3