Nov 20, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
Humility, it seems, is in the Houston Dynamo DNA.
We are hearing some (very premature) talk of “Dynamo Dynasty.” Yes, the phrasing has a nice ring to it; who doesn’t love some sing-songy alliteration?
What it does not have is a ring of truth to it. Four MLS Cup finals in seven years is wonderful, a collection of acheivment speaking volumes for coach Dominic Kinnear, chief engineer on the Humble Houston Express, it must be said.
But the men in orange have not actually won an MLS Cup since 2007. So when the ol’ “Dynamo Dynasty” narrative began getting tossed around, none other than Dynamo president Chris Canetti was there to swat it back into the third row.
He said, essentially, let’s all slow our roll on this dynasty talk – at least until we win a couple more.
- Didier Drogba open to Major League Soccer move after leaving Chelsea 0
- Real Madrid president asked what’s wrong with Carlo Ancelotti: “I don’t know” 0
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 5
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0