Nov 20, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
Humility, it seems, is in the Houston Dynamo DNA.
We are hearing some (very premature) talk of “Dynamo Dynasty.” Yes, the phrasing has a nice ring to it; who doesn’t love some sing-songy alliteration?
What it does not have is a ring of truth to it. Four MLS Cup finals in seven years is wonderful, a collection of acheivment speaking volumes for coach Dominic Kinnear, chief engineer on the Humble Houston Express, it must be said.
But the men in orange have not actually won an MLS Cup since 2007. So when the ol’ “Dynamo Dynasty” narrative began getting tossed around, none other than Dynamo president Chris Canetti was there to swat it back into the third row.
He said, essentially, let’s all slow our roll on this dynasty talk – at least until we win a couple more.
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2