Nov 20, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
Humility, it seems, is in the Houston Dynamo DNA.
We are hearing some (very premature) talk of “Dynamo Dynasty.” Yes, the phrasing has a nice ring to it; who doesn’t love some sing-songy alliteration?
What it does not have is a ring of truth to it. Four MLS Cup finals in seven years is wonderful, a collection of acheivment speaking volumes for coach Dominic Kinnear, chief engineer on the Humble Houston Express, it must be said.
But the men in orange have not actually won an MLS Cup since 2007. So when the ol’ “Dynamo Dynasty” narrative began getting tossed around, none other than Dynamo president Chris Canetti was there to swat it back into the third row.
He said, essentially, let’s all slow our roll on this dynasty talk – at least until we win a couple more.
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 3
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 1
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 2
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 4
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 9