Nov 21, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
NBC’s lead voice for soccer, alongside network colleague Russ Thaler, talks about David Beckham’s first media appearance since Monday’s big news (that his final L.A. Galaxy appearance will be the Dec. 1 MLS Cup final).
The biggest news out Tuesday is that Beckham says he will not join the New York Red Bulls; that “Becks” would relocate from one high-profile MLS side to another was among the early pundit guesswork.
Here are White and Thaler discussing the matter, along with some comments from Beckham.
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 1
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC 9
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (17)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Landon Donovan and a Gold Cup squeeze? He deserves better (9)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games