Nov 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Twitter was alight this morning with Landon Donovan’s appearance on ESPN’s College Football GameDay.
The L.A. Galaxy star was on the set with Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit live from Los Angeles, where USC takes on Notre Dame tonight in one of the college football biggies.
(Thanks to L.A. Galaxy director of communications Justin Pearson for the shot of Donovan on his way to the set.)
So the boo bird did their thing when Donovan, as celebrity picker, went against his hometown team; he joined Corso in picking the Fighting Irish. (Although Donovan did not take a turn beneath the fancy green fedora; that’s Corso’s bit, after all.)
Donovan grew up just west of Los Angeles in Redlands, Calif. He still lives not far from USC’s campus.
The other Twitter conversation around his morning’s appearance was about the man’s facial hair. So, how about the Bearded Donovan?
“Not bad. It works for him.”
That was the view from Mrs. ProSoccerTalk, a longtime, uh … “admirer” of all things Donovan – especially when the man removes his shirt.
The video of Donovan appearance this morning with the three analytical amigos is here.
- Stock Rising: United States men whose values are rising out of Salt Lake 0
- MLS Preview: Portland Timbers at LA Galaxy 0
- Goal, assist from Neymar give Brazil win, prolong Mexico’s woes 1
- MLS Preview: Houston Dynamo at Montréal Impact 0
- USA can theoretically clinch a World Cup berth in their next match 4
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (27)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Orlando City dumps Sporting Kansas City out of U.S. Open Cup, extend unbeaten streak to 14 matches (13)
- It’s time FIFA reconsiders the Confederations Cup bid to the Oceania region (13)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public