Nov 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Twitter was alight this morning with Landon Donovan’s appearance on ESPN’s College Football GameDay.
The L.A. Galaxy star was on the set with Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit live from Los Angeles, where USC takes on Notre Dame tonight in one of the college football biggies.
(Thanks to L.A. Galaxy director of communications Justin Pearson for the shot of Donovan on his way to the set.)
So the boo bird did their thing when Donovan, as celebrity picker, went against his hometown team; he joined Corso in picking the Fighting Irish. (Although Donovan did not take a turn beneath the fancy green fedora; that’s Corso’s bit, after all.)
Donovan grew up just west of Los Angeles in Redlands, Calif. He still lives not far from USC’s campus.
The other Twitter conversation around his morning’s appearance was about the man’s facial hair. So, how about the Bearded Donovan?
“Not bad. It works for him.”
That was the view from Mrs. ProSoccerTalk, a longtime, uh … “admirer” of all things Donovan – especially when the man removes his shirt.
The video of Donovan appearance this morning with the three analytical amigos is here.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 5
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0