Nov 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Twitter was alight this morning with Landon Donovan’s appearance on ESPN’s College Football GameDay.
The L.A. Galaxy star was on the set with Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit live from Los Angeles, where USC takes on Notre Dame tonight in one of the college football biggies.
(Thanks to L.A. Galaxy director of communications Justin Pearson for the shot of Donovan on his way to the set.)
So the boo bird did their thing when Donovan, as celebrity picker, went against his hometown team; he joined Corso in picking the Fighting Irish. (Although Donovan did not take a turn beneath the fancy green fedora; that’s Corso’s bit, after all.)
Donovan grew up just west of Los Angeles in Redlands, Calif. He still lives not far from USC’s campus.
The other Twitter conversation around his morning’s appearance was about the man’s facial hair. So, how about the Bearded Donovan?
“Not bad. It works for him.”
That was the view from Mrs. ProSoccerTalk, a longtime, uh … “admirer” of all things Donovan – especially when the man removes his shirt.
The video of Donovan appearance this morning with the three analytical amigos is here.
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 1
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs