Beckham and beverages; getting started on the Week of all Things Beckham

Nov 24, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT

Let’s get a head start on Week of all Things Beckham with a bit from the “Something Different” File.

(I’m positive that you know, but it’s the Week of all Things Beckham because Saturday’s appearance at MLS Cup 2012 will be the former England captain’s curtain call in Major League Soccer. He’s off to conquer new worlds.)

So the seven days ahead will surely examine Beckham from all angles. This site, plus all others in domestic soccer, will look at the man’s impact on MLS, his days and nights with the Galaxy, the timing of his latest Brand Beckham move, etc., etc.

But will you see Beckham like this? It’s a Beckham “drinking” retrospective, cobbled together by the smarty-pants at Free Beer Movement (which, ironically, is a soccer site.)

By the way, this is also a useful reminder of how powerful Beckham was / is as an endorsing tour de force. I mean, look at how many beverage products the guy pitched through the years.

Enjoy. (Hit the link above for the rest of the shots.)

source:

1. ndnut - Nov 24, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I remember when that poster went up in my elementary school, along with a bunch of other athletes. Good times…

2. east96st - Nov 24, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Which reinforces my cynicism that he’s only playing to keep the gravy train rolling. The guy made the most of his opportunities. Let’s give credit where it’s due. But where’s the fire? Does he want to win because he’s driven to be the best or does he want to win because it means more endorsements?

• Steve Davis - Nov 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Well, I would say that almost every professional athlete wants to keep going as long as possible. Beckham, too. He understands that once he stops, there’s no going back. And in honesty, he’s been pretty good this year. Not great, perhaps, but not bad at all.

3. BigBeachBall - Nov 25, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Overpaid, slow, and underperformed.

• Steve Davis - Nov 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Well, everyone is certainly entitled to his or her opinion. I suppose I am at something of a disadvantage … I have actually watched his games. I believe most people who see the matches, his passing and his pinpoint restart delivery in particular, have assessed otherwise.

Week 4: Top five Premier League goals