Nov 26, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
This certainly is a different slant on the old poseur gambit of impressing the ladies by pretending to be a professional athlete or by embellishing an athletic resume.
Manchester City midfielder Kolo Toure did it the other way around.
Toure is an Ivorian international who made a big move from Arsenal to Manchester City in 2009. He has also had a nine-year relationship with the mother of his two children.
In the name of carrying on simultaneously with another women, 22-year-old Kessel Kasuisyo, Toure pretended to be a high end car salesman who also did charity work. Since she wasn’t into sports, she didn’t recognize the longtime English Premier League figure.
Eventually, one of Kasuisyo’s friends recognized the 31-year-old midfielder.
Said Kasuisyo: “I believed everything he said. I am hurt and confused by it all. Maybe he wanted me to be a second wife. I just don’t know. Everything about his strange behaviour now all makes sense.”
All the tawdry details are here in the full Daily Mirror account.
- Fraizer Campbell gives Tony Pulis a new option a Crystal Palace 0
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 2
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 0
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 2
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 3