Nov 26, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
This certainly is a different slant on the old poseur gambit of impressing the ladies by pretending to be a professional athlete or by embellishing an athletic resume.
Manchester City midfielder Kolo Toure did it the other way around.
Toure is an Ivorian international who made a big move from Arsenal to Manchester City in 2009. He has also had a nine-year relationship with the mother of his two children.
In the name of carrying on simultaneously with another women, 22-year-old Kessel Kasuisyo, Toure pretended to be a high end car salesman who also did charity work. Since she wasn’t into sports, she didn’t recognize the longtime English Premier League figure.
Eventually, one of Kasuisyo’s friends recognized the 31-year-old midfielder.
Said Kasuisyo: “I believed everything he said. I am hurt and confused by it all. Maybe he wanted me to be a second wife. I just don’t know. Everything about his strange behaviour now all makes sense.”
All the tawdry details are here in the full Daily Mirror account.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6