Nov 26, 2012, 11:56 AM EST
This certainly is a different slant on the old poseur gambit of impressing the ladies by pretending to be a professional athlete or by embellishing an athletic resume.
Manchester City midfielder Kolo Toure did it the other way around.
Toure is an Ivorian international who made a big move from Arsenal to Manchester City in 2009. He has also had a nine-year relationship with the mother of his two children.
In the name of carrying on simultaneously with another women, 22-year-old Kessel Kasuisyo, Toure pretended to be a high end car salesman who also did charity work. Since she wasn’t into sports, she didn’t recognize the longtime English Premier League figure.
Eventually, one of Kasuisyo’s friends recognized the 31-year-old midfielder.
Said Kasuisyo: “I believed everything he said. I am hurt and confused by it all. Maybe he wanted me to be a second wife. I just don’t know. Everything about his strange behaviour now all makes sense.”
All the tawdry details are here in the full Daily Mirror account.
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 9
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes
- Players to Watch: Montreal Impact
- Ireland's Premier Division Season Kicks off
- Away-Goal Rule is the Novelty for this Year's MLS Playoffs
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong