Nov 26, 2012, 12:38 PM EDT
Personally, I could never stomach paying $80 for, essentially, a fancy t-shirt.
But then I’m a journalist. And as such, I don’t bleed for any one club. Perhaps it’s different if you count yourself among the impassioned lot that makes up the Texian Army, a hootin’ and a hollerin’ for the Dynamo, or if you’re among the faithful L.A. Riot Squad or whatever.
Even then, an appropriately colored t-shirt or practice jersey seems more than adequate, but that’s just me.
If you absolutely need to put hands on the genuine element, today looks like a great day to bust a $69 move. Major League Soccer has reduced prices on some of the jerseys for cyber Monday.
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 1
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 4
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 10
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 6
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 5
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8