Nov 26, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
Hmmmm … an MLS manager on Twitter. What could possibly go wrong?
Real Salt Lake manager Jason Kreis is the second MLS manager (that I can think of) to have gone public on Twitter. (Who knows how many have secretly linked up to Twitter Nation … ?)
The last one didn’t work out so well. Or have you forgotten Peter Nowak’s short dalliance with the public social media monster? It lasted just a few weeks and fell apart like short-lived, bad marriage – which, come to think of it, is exactly what that was.
But, good luck to Kreis. Social media, carefully and tactically applied, can be a way to create closer relationships with supporters. It can be used to convey messages and intent without the media middle men.
Just remember, @JasonKreis: never Tweet angry!
Some of Kreis’ first Tweets:
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 1
- 2011 Women’s World Cup final loss still burns in Abby Wambach’s memory 1
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3