Nov 26, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
Hmmmm … an MLS manager on Twitter. What could possibly go wrong?
Real Salt Lake manager Jason Kreis is the second MLS manager (that I can think of) to have gone public on Twitter. (Who knows how many have secretly linked up to Twitter Nation … ?)
The last one didn’t work out so well. Or have you forgotten Peter Nowak’s short dalliance with the public social media monster? It lasted just a few weeks and fell apart like short-lived, bad marriage – which, come to think of it, is exactly what that was.
But, good luck to Kreis. Social media, carefully and tactically applied, can be a way to create closer relationships with supporters. It can be used to convey messages and intent without the media middle men.
Just remember, @JasonKreis: never Tweet angry!
Some of Kreis’ first Tweets:
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 0
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4