Nov 26, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
Hmmmm … an MLS manager on Twitter. What could possibly go wrong?
Real Salt Lake manager Jason Kreis is the second MLS manager (that I can think of) to have gone public on Twitter. (Who knows how many have secretly linked up to Twitter Nation … ?)
The last one didn’t work out so well. Or have you forgotten Peter Nowak’s short dalliance with the public social media monster? It lasted just a few weeks and fell apart like short-lived, bad marriage – which, come to think of it, is exactly what that was.
But, good luck to Kreis. Social media, carefully and tactically applied, can be a way to create closer relationships with supporters. It can be used to convey messages and intent without the media middle men.
Just remember, @JasonKreis: never Tweet angry!
Some of Kreis’ first Tweets:
- Russia wants full points from match abandoned after Akinfeev struck in head by flare (video) 0
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4