Nov 26, 2012, 9:01 PM EST
Hmmmm … an MLS manager on Twitter. What could possibly go wrong?
Real Salt Lake manager Jason Kreis is the second MLS manager (that I can think of) to have gone public on Twitter. (Who knows how many have secretly linked up to Twitter Nation … ?)
The last one didn’t work out so well. Or have you forgotten Peter Nowak’s short dalliance with the public social media monster? It lasted just a few weeks and fell apart like short-lived, bad marriage – which, come to think of it, is exactly what that was.
But, good luck to Kreis. Social media, carefully and tactically applied, can be a way to create closer relationships with supporters. It can be used to convey messages and intent without the media middle men.
Just remember, @JasonKreis: never Tweet angry!
Some of Kreis’ first Tweets:
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1
- Manchester City 3-0 Crystal Palace: Citizens level with Chelsea, play without a striker 0