Nov 26, 2012, 9:01 PM EST
Hmmmm … an MLS manager on Twitter. What could possibly go wrong?
Real Salt Lake manager Jason Kreis is the second MLS manager (that I can think of) to have gone public on Twitter. (Who knows how many have secretly linked up to Twitter Nation … ?)
The last one didn’t work out so well. Or have you forgotten Peter Nowak’s short dalliance with the public social media monster? It lasted just a few weeks and fell apart like short-lived, bad marriage – which, come to think of it, is exactly what that was.
But, good luck to Kreis. Social media, carefully and tactically applied, can be a way to create closer relationships with supporters. It can be used to convey messages and intent without the media middle men.
Just remember, @JasonKreis: never Tweet angry!
Some of Kreis’ first Tweets:
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 2
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors (video) 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014