Nov 29, 2012, 9:55 AM EDT
ProSoccerTalk’s Richard Farley was in Portland last night to tell you about the United States’ romp-and-stomp in women’s soccer against overmatched Ireland.
He hit all the critical points, the improving U.S. defense, the obligatory concern about the midfield, discussion of rising star Tobin Heath’s role, etc.
Of course, the real buzz was Alex Morgan, who generally scores two goals before she gets her breakfast cereal in the morning. Truly, the young lady’s numbers just keep climbing extraordinarily.
Morgan’s second-career hat trick gives her 27 goals for the calendar year; that’s just the third time in team history a player has passed 25 over one year. Abby Wambach hit for 31 in 2004, while Michelle Akers scored a remarkable 39 in 1991.
Here, from U.S. Soccer, are all three Morgan goals. (Sorry, but they are available currently only individually.)
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 0
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 4
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 8
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 6
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 5