Nov 29, 2012, 9:55 AM EST
ProSoccerTalk’s Richard Farley was in Portland last night to tell you about the United States’ romp-and-stomp in women’s soccer against overmatched Ireland.
He hit all the critical points, the improving U.S. defense, the obligatory concern about the midfield, discussion of rising star Tobin Heath’s role, etc.
Of course, the real buzz was Alex Morgan, who generally scores two goals before she gets her breakfast cereal in the morning. Truly, the young lady’s numbers just keep climbing extraordinarily.
Morgan’s second-career hat trick gives her 27 goals for the calendar year; that’s just the third time in team history a player has passed 25 over one year. Abby Wambach hit for 31 in 2004, while Michelle Akers scored a remarkable 39 in 1991.
Here, from U.S. Soccer, are all three Morgan goals. (Sorry, but they are available currently only individually.)
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3