Nov 29, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
Houston mid-season signing Oscar Boniek Garcia always has a chance to do something special – he’s a talented player that way, a slashing right-sided attacker who has added a dash of the dynamic to Houston’s attack.
And he might just have a little more of an opportunity on Saturday to make his mark. That’s because the Home Depot Center’s 75-yard wide affords the Honduran international extra room. Garcia doesn’t have that much room in Houston, where the BBVA Compass field is a rather tight 70 yards in width.
So he’ll be able to stretch Galaxy left back Todd Dunivant out a little wider, putting just a little more distance between the four members of the Galaxy back line.
And then Garcia will look to use that tight ball control and feathery, quick first touch to get into the gaps.
Players down in Houston love their wiry new attacker and can’t stop talking about him. Here, CSN Houston’s Sebastien Salazar talks to Dynamo players about their right-side threat:
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 3
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 1
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 2
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 4
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 9