Nov 29, 2012, 9:21 AM EST
CARSON, Calif. – It is not surprising that the “revenge” narrative isn’t creeping into Houston’s thinking ahead of Saturday’s contest.
The Major League Soccer club from Houston did, of course, lose in last year’s MLS Cup final to Los Angeles. And the men in orange do, of course, have a chance to avenge that loss; the very same teams meet in the very same building this year in MLS Cup 2012.
But the Dynamo players say they are not making this about the Galaxy. It’s just about a chance to win a soccer game – albeit a big one.
Here’s what they told Sara Eckert of CSN Houston before leaving South Texas:
- UEFA Champions League Preview: Manchester United, Bayern Munich look to finish group stage on top 0
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 4
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014