Nov 30, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
CARSON, Calif. – If you were hoping to glean something on Landon Donovan’s future before Saturday’s MLS Cup final, prepare to be disappointed.
Donovan has dropped numerous hints – check that, they are something past “hints” – that he’s in a bad place in his career, a little bedraggled and less excited by it all. He’s got a year left on his MLS contract, but that doesn’t mean that the longtime U.S. international couldn’t walk away from it all.
Either way, he’s doing the right thing by taking the focus away from himself, making sure it’s on the business at hand, his team’s match at 4:30 p.m. ET.
When a reporter asked Donovan a slightly long-winded question about his future during Friday’s news conference at the Home Depot Center, about how’s he feeling now that this could possibly be the Galaxy attacker’s last match, Donovan dismissed any such talk in about 2.5 seconds.
“We can talk about that at a different time.”
And with that … next question?
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 1
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0