Nov 30, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
CARSON, Calif. – If you were hoping to glean something on Landon Donovan’s future before Saturday’s MLS Cup final, prepare to be disappointed.
Donovan has dropped numerous hints – check that, they are something past “hints” – that he’s in a bad place in his career, a little bedraggled and less excited by it all. He’s got a year left on his MLS contract, but that doesn’t mean that the longtime U.S. international couldn’t walk away from it all.
Either way, he’s doing the right thing by taking the focus away from himself, making sure it’s on the business at hand, his team’s match at 4:30 p.m. ET.
When a reporter asked Donovan a slightly long-winded question about his future during Friday’s news conference at the Home Depot Center, about how’s he feeling now that this could possibly be the Galaxy attacker’s last match, Donovan dismissed any such talk in about 2.5 seconds.
“We can talk about that at a different time.”
And with that … next question?
- Tuesday Premier League Preview: New managers square off in Midlands derby 0
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4