Nov 30, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
CARSON, Calif. – If you were hoping to glean something on Landon Donovan’s future before Saturday’s MLS Cup final, prepare to be disappointed.
Donovan has dropped numerous hints – check that, they are something past “hints” – that he’s in a bad place in his career, a little bedraggled and less excited by it all. He’s got a year left on his MLS contract, but that doesn’t mean that the longtime U.S. international couldn’t walk away from it all.
Either way, he’s doing the right thing by taking the focus away from himself, making sure it’s on the business at hand, his team’s match at 4:30 p.m. ET.
When a reporter asked Donovan a slightly long-winded question about his future during Friday’s news conference at the Home Depot Center, about how’s he feeling now that this could possibly be the Galaxy attacker’s last match, Donovan dismissed any such talk in about 2.5 seconds.
“We can talk about that at a different time.”
And with that … next question?
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3