Nov 30, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Soccer birthdays: Gordon Kljestan, brother to Sacha, turns 29 today. He’s now retired, but that doesn’t mean he’s not still a soccer player. The 10th pick in the 2007 supplemental draft bounced around teams including the Los Angeles Galaxy, New Jersey Ironmen, New York Red Bulls, Cleveland City Stars, and FC Tampa Bay. Gordo currently focuses on coaching and being awesome He succeeds at both.
Big Important Stories of the Day: This one’s easy: It’s a day before MLS Cup. So… we’re talking about why Brad Davis is so awesome.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Preki
*Ahead on the blog today: Steve Davis is live with the latest from LaLaLand. He promises he’s working. He has position by position breakdown on the Galaxy and the Dynamo, plus some of the interesting individual matchups… but what we really want to know is if he can surf and blog at the same time. Don’t put anything past that man. Dude’s got skillzzzzzz.
Asked about recent Tampa expansion report, Garber said he had not heard about it until reading the reports the other day in the airport.
— Franco Panizo (@FrancoPanizo) November 29, 2012
High-ranking MLS official very skeptical of proposed $400M Tampa soccer stadium. Says reminiscent of pie-in-the-sky Las Vegas proposals.
— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) November 29, 2012
What you should watch on TV today: Catania against Milan on beIN Sport, obviously. Like we even had to answer that for you.
* Always subject to change; you know how it is
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0