Dec 1, 2012, 8:29 PM EST
CARSON, Calif. – Did Landon Donovan just creep a little closer to retirement at age 30, or perhaps to some sort of pro soccer sabbatical?
The Galaxy attacker handed out yet another hint that something like that might be coming. And soon. Following the team’s 3-1 win Saturday for L.A.’s second consecutive MLS Cup championship, the veteran Galaxy man said he hasn’t made any hard decisions about his future.
But he did talk about a moment after the match (after the dancing, but before all the locker room champagne pouring). Donovan said his sister has just had a baby, and they were both able to come down onto the Home Depot Center field.
I have to listen to my heart, and right now my gut says to get away for a while. I had a really nice moment where my sister … got to come down on the field and [the baby] was sleeping on her, and it sort of puts it all in perspective and makes me realize I want to be closer to my family for a while and then figure out the soccer later.”
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 1
- Report: Liverpool hoping to buy Ings, loan striker back to Burnley for season 1
- David Beckham says progress still being made toward MLS stadium in Miami 1
- DONE DEAL: Mattia Destro, Juan Agudelo sign with new clubs AC Milan, New England Revolution 0
- Juan Agudelo signs with New England Revolution, completes return to MLS 2
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 2