Dec 2, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
CARSON, Calif. – Was there a wee tear in David Beckham’s eye as he left the Home Depot Center Field late last night?
He was one of the last L.A. Galaxy men to walk off the field and into the tunnel, lingering with his young sons in tow, wrapped in one Union Jack flag and a U.S. flag, too.
He did seem to taking a little extra time – almost as if Beckham knew this was the last time he would walk off the field in a competitive contest. The man is 37, after all, and it could be that high-level teams aren’t exactly jostling for position in a race to sign the guy.
A few people believed they did, in fact, see soccer’s most iconic figure drop a wee tear as he walked off the Home Depot Center field. Soon, he was in a jam-packed room the Galaxy use as a post-game news conference center – although it was fairly overmatched for this one.
I spoke about it before, we always want to win a championship at the end of the year. Last year, we were amazing and we did it. This year, we didn’t start very well, but we became good when it was the important time. Today is a special day for us to win another championship in front of our fans at home. In front of our friends, family … it was really special. Today’s a good day.”
If you’d like to relive all things Beckham on his final Galaxy day, this is a great place to do so. It’s the Daily Mail’s live blog from yesterday’s contest, stuffed full of great shots of the man who is walking away from MLS after six seasons.
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (20)
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public