Dec 2, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
CARSON, Calif. – Was there a wee tear in David Beckham’s eye as he left the Home Depot Center Field late last night?
He was one of the last L.A. Galaxy men to walk off the field and into the tunnel, lingering with his young sons in tow, wrapped in one Union Jack flag and a U.S. flag, too.
He did seem to taking a little extra time – almost as if Beckham knew this was the last time he would walk off the field in a competitive contest. The man is 37, after all, and it could be that high-level teams aren’t exactly jostling for position in a race to sign the guy.
A few people believed they did, in fact, see soccer’s most iconic figure drop a wee tear as he walked off the Home Depot Center field. Soon, he was in a jam-packed room the Galaxy use as a post-game news conference center – although it was fairly overmatched for this one.
I spoke about it before, we always want to win a championship at the end of the year. Last year, we were amazing and we did it. This year, we didn’t start very well, but we became good when it was the important time. Today is a special day for us to win another championship in front of our fans at home. In front of our friends, family … it was really special. Today’s a good day.”
If you’d like to relive all things Beckham on his final Galaxy day, this is a great place to do so. It’s the Daily Mail’s live blog from yesterday’s contest, stuffed full of great shots of the man who is walking away from MLS after six seasons.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1