Dec 3, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
David Villa, a World Cup winner and European Championship winner, and current Barcelona man, turns 31.
Chelsea man Michael Essien turns 30. (Seem to anyone else like that man is a little older, like he’s been around forever.)
And it looks like a big day for men of the big clubs. Former French international and Real Madrid man Christian Karembeu turns 42.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
Major League Soccer’s off-season is officially underway, starting with some big moves yesterday from Real Salt Lake.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Arturo Alvarez
*Ahead on the blog today:
The first in a series of conversations based on Friday’s conversation withU.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Plus, a look at those Real Salt Lake swaps, and we’ll have a special MLS Cup edition of the Monday “Meh” list, a chronicle of the slightly overrated.
What you should watch on TV today:
The English Premier League’s 15th round concludes as Wigan meets Newcastle at 2:55 p.m. on ESPN Deportes. (Yeah, I know … I don’t have that channel either.)
We’ll leave you with this: Is it too early to begin wondering about where next year’s MLS Cup might be? Kansas City? RFK Stadium in D.C.? … The Home Depot Center again?
* Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 0
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 0
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 1
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 3
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 9