Dec 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
About 3,500 LA Galaxy fans made their way back to the Home Depot Center on Monday to help honor their MLS Cup 2012 champions.
Among the swell speeches, manager Bruce Arena delivered the “keynote,” as it were.
He started with: “Without a doubt, the road wasn’t real smooth at times …” And then Arena joked about how much he personally aged during that time.
Arena graciously acknowledged the “great fans,” “great front office,” and “great sponsorships.” But the ultimate players coach said the whole thing, the championship defense that seemed so wildly implausible in June, was mostly about the “great players.”
Arena also included a few zingers in his speech. Here it is:
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 3
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 9
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3