Dec 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
About 3,500 LA Galaxy fans made their way back to the Home Depot Center on Monday to help honor their MLS Cup 2012 champions.
Among the swell speeches, manager Bruce Arena delivered the “keynote,” as it were.
He started with: “Without a doubt, the road wasn’t real smooth at times …” And then Arena joked about how much he personally aged during that time.
Arena graciously acknowledged the “great fans,” “great front office,” and “great sponsorships.” But the ultimate players coach said the whole thing, the championship defense that seemed so wildly implausible in June, was mostly about the “great players.”
Arena also included a few zingers in his speech. Here it is:
- Chad Barrett’s 94th minute goal gives Seattle Sounders 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City