Dec 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
About 3,500 LA Galaxy fans made their way back to the Home Depot Center on Monday to help honor their MLS Cup 2012 champions.
Among the swell speeches, manager Bruce Arena delivered the “keynote,” as it were.
He started with: “Without a doubt, the road wasn’t real smooth at times …” And then Arena joked about how much he personally aged during that time.
Arena graciously acknowledged the “great fans,” “great front office,” and “great sponsorships.” But the ultimate players coach said the whole thing, the championship defense that seemed so wildly implausible in June, was mostly about the “great players.”
Arena also included a few zingers in his speech. Here it is:
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0