Dec 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
About 3,500 LA Galaxy fans made their way back to the Home Depot Center on Monday to help honor their MLS Cup 2012 champions.
Among the swell speeches, manager Bruce Arena delivered the “keynote,” as it were.
He started with: “Without a doubt, the road wasn’t real smooth at times …” And then Arena joked about how much he personally aged during that time.
Arena graciously acknowledged the “great fans,” “great front office,” and “great sponsorships.” But the ultimate players coach said the whole thing, the championship defense that seemed so wildly implausible in June, was mostly about the “great players.”
Arena also included a few zingers in his speech. Here it is:
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0
- VIDEO: Theo Walcott’s first-half hat trick will live in Boaz Myhill’s dreams 0