Dec 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
About 3,500 LA Galaxy fans made their way back to the Home Depot Center on Monday to help honor their MLS Cup 2012 champions.
Among the swell speeches, manager Bruce Arena delivered the “keynote,” as it were.
He started with: “Without a doubt, the road wasn’t real smooth at times …” And then Arena joked about how much he personally aged during that time.
Arena graciously acknowledged the “great fans,” “great front office,” and “great sponsorships.” But the ultimate players coach said the whole thing, the championship defense that seemed so wildly implausible in June, was mostly about the “great players.”
Arena also included a few zingers in his speech. Here it is:
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 3
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 4
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0