Dec 5, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Much is going on right now at Red Bull Arena, where new management is looking to hire a new coach. That new boss will apparently have a new bunch of Joes to organize, as the roster makeover is underway around Harrison. So RBA is a place with lots of unknowns at the moment.
Which is why it’s nice to have one solid “known” to grab onto. We know for sure that it’s Tim Cahill’s birthday. The Aussie international and longtime Everton man turns 33 on Tuesday.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
Decisive matches are in store from Champions League.
And there are matches today in the FIFA Club World Cup – if you’re into that sort of thing. (Perhaps you should be … because a certain modern technology we’ve all been waiting for in the game will be put to official use for the first time.)
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Jim Rooney
*Ahead on the blog today:
The second in a series of conversations based on Friday’s long conversation withU.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann. Yesterday we took a stab at explaining Klinsmann’s seemingly unexplainable attachment to Jermaine Jones. Today, we look at Landon Donovan and a very important lunch or dinner that is about to happen somewhere in Southern California.
And we’ll tell you about that technology in the FIFA Club World Cup.
Noah Davis has the afternoon shift. He’s good for a yuk and a strong soccer thought.
What you should watch on TV today:
Chelsea vs Nordsjælland is the featured match on Fox Soccer Channel; kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m. ET
We’ll leave you with this: There may be better teams to watch right now than Borussia Dortmund, but someone will need to point them out to me. They play a great brand, but with power and pace about it all. And that was much of Dortmund’s reserve team out there Tuesday in the win over Manchester City!
* Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 9
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0