Dec 6, 2012, 2:43 PM EDT
As in the rest of the world, Balotelli’s a hot button topic here at PST, one which we don’t talk about in the break room. Mr. Davis seems to have nothing against the young man but still wonders if the young Italian sniper isn’t more trouble than he’s worth. Me? I think Balotelli could grow into soccer’s answer to Ziggy Stardust and could care less if that upsets City’s dressing room (greater good, and all).
Unfortunately (and perhaps, surprisingly) most of the 29 videos on City’s playlist fail to capture Balotelli’s post-modern marvel, but just as with Balotelli in real life, if you watch long enough, you’ll see something amazing.
We’ve picked out a few.
Here’s Balotelli and friends attempting to decapitate City’s goalkeepers. Some might more accurately call this free kick practice:
If that kind of Serious Mario’s not to your liking, here’s a bit of whimsy:
That alone is reason to try and catch City when they tour the U.S. Every day during their preseason tours, you’re likely to see something like that (unfortunately, on the field, you’re likely to see something like this).
Next, Super Mario’s interview for Manchester City’s website after last season’s dramatic, title-clinching win against Queens Park Rangers. Name one other player in the world that could pull off that hat:
And how many players in the world could beat Joe Hart from 22 yards, let alone have the audacity to taunt him (albeit in a good natured, training ground way):
Just a couple more. This one, like the gag on the camerawoman (above), is another place where people can see what they want. If you don’t stay to the end of this short video, all you see is an indignant kid. The truth is much more entertaining:
And finally, if you need something to aggravate you as you transition back into work, here’s Balotelli being interviewed by Oasis’s Noel Gallagher.
- Jamie Carragher set to close out his 16-year career at Anfield 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Washington Spirit at Portland Thorns FC 1
- Something in common for Jurgen Klinsmann, Alex Ferguson 1
- Brek Shea in trouble? After crazy Stoke City prank goes wrong 7
- Copa del Rey final: Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid 3
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago