Dec 6, 2012, 2:43 PM EDT
As in the rest of the world, Balotelli’s a hot button topic here at PST, one which we don’t talk about in the break room. Mr. Davis seems to have nothing against the young man but still wonders if the young Italian sniper isn’t more trouble than he’s worth. Me? I think Balotelli could grow into soccer’s answer to Ziggy Stardust and could care less if that upsets City’s dressing room (greater good, and all).
Unfortunately (and perhaps, surprisingly) most of the 29 videos on City’s playlist fail to capture Balotelli’s post-modern marvel, but just as with Balotelli in real life, if you watch long enough, you’ll see something amazing.
We’ve picked out a few.
Here’s Balotelli and friends attempting to decapitate City’s goalkeepers. Some might more accurately call this free kick practice:
If that kind of Serious Mario’s not to your liking, here’s a bit of whimsy:
That alone is reason to try and catch City when they tour the U.S. Every day during their preseason tours, you’re likely to see something like that (unfortunately, on the field, you’re likely to see something like this).
Next, Super Mario’s interview for Manchester City’s website after last season’s dramatic, title-clinching win against Queens Park Rangers. Name one other player in the world that could pull off that hat:
And how many players in the world could beat Joe Hart from 22 yards, let alone have the audacity to taunt him (albeit in a good natured, training ground way):
Just a couple more. This one, like the gag on the camerawoman (above), is another place where people can see what they want. If you don’t stay to the end of this short video, all you see is an indignant kid. The truth is much more entertaining:
And finally, if you need something to aggravate you as you transition back into work, here’s Balotelli being interviewed by Oasis’s Noel Gallagher.
- Three things we learned from Barcelona’s huge win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Barcelona 3-0 Bayern Munich: Messi magic negates Neuer’s first-half heroics 0
- Spanish FA suspends all domestic games over government dispute 2
- Men In Blazers podcast: Chelsea champs, relegation probe, and Domhnall Gleeson 0
- Freak double injury suddenly puts Rais Mbolhi back in pole position to start for Philadelphia 1
- Luis Suarez surprises Uruguayan cancer patient with video call, brings him to tears 2