Dec 6, 2012, 2:43 PM EST
As in the rest of the world, Balotelli’s a hot button topic here at PST, one which we don’t talk about in the break room. Mr. Davis seems to have nothing against the young man but still wonders if the young Italian sniper isn’t more trouble than he’s worth. Me? I think Balotelli could grow into soccer’s answer to Ziggy Stardust and could care less if that upsets City’s dressing room (greater good, and all).
Unfortunately (and perhaps, surprisingly) most of the 29 videos on City’s playlist fail to capture Balotelli’s post-modern marvel, but just as with Balotelli in real life, if you watch long enough, you’ll see something amazing.
We’ve picked out a few.
Here’s Balotelli and friends attempting to decapitate City’s goalkeepers. Some might more accurately call this free kick practice:
If that kind of Serious Mario’s not to your liking, here’s a bit of whimsy:
That alone is reason to try and catch City when they tour the U.S. Every day during their preseason tours, you’re likely to see something like that (unfortunately, on the field, you’re likely to see something like this).
Next, Super Mario’s interview for Manchester City’s website after last season’s dramatic, title-clinching win against Queens Park Rangers. Name one other player in the world that could pull off that hat:
And how many players in the world could beat Joe Hart from 22 yards, let alone have the audacity to taunt him (albeit in a good natured, training ground way):
Just a couple more. This one, like the gag on the camerawoman (above), is another place where people can see what they want. If you don’t stay to the end of this short video, all you see is an indignant kid. The truth is much more entertaining:
And finally, if you need something to aggravate you as you transition back into work, here’s Balotelli being interviewed by Oasis’s Noel Gallagher.
Dec 9, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
Round 15’s Team of the Week includes a throwback man in John Arne Riise:
Dec 9, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
FC Dallas had a busy day … but, uh, who is going to coach the team?
Dec 9, 2013, 6:32 PM EST
Martin Rogers of Yahoo! Sports talks about Arsenal, Manchester United and more:
Dec 9, 2013, 5:48 PM EST
One versus England potentially being arranged in Miami? And another against Canada ahead of next year’s World Cup?
Dec 9, 2013, 4:59 PM EST
Hull pick up a valuable road point as Swansea’s season of missed opportunities at home continues:
Dec 9, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
Major League Soccer has been steadfast on this one all along:
Dec 9, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
Can the Swans surge back into the top 10? Watch live on NBCSN:
Dec 9, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
We caught up with ‘beardless’ Howard after his impressive outing vs. Arsenal. Here’s what he had to say:
Dec 9, 2013, 1:27 PM EST
With a shortlist of over 50 names to choose from, what is your current best starting XI in world soccer?
Dec 9, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
With Michu in-line to return, could the Swans blow the Tigers away?
Dec 9, 2013, 12:06 PM EST
Moyes takes the blame but how much longer can he take the flack for his under-performing stars?
Dec 9, 2013, 11:20 AM EST
Do the Gunners have themselves to blame? Or were the Toffees just too good?
Dec 9, 2013, 9:48 AM EST
Shock horror, Ronaldo and Messi go head-to-head for Ballon d’Or….
Dec 9, 2013, 9:14 AM EST
Ex-Premier League striker among those questioned as investigation continues:
Dec 9, 2013, 7:49 AM EST
Who gets your vote? Sit back, relax and watch some stunners from Osvaldo, Assaidi, Cabaye and others:
Dec 8, 2013, 11:54 PM EST
The one commonality among both stars’ groups: Almost none of their opponents have good defensive records.
Dec 8, 2013, 10:48 PM EST
Unbeaten in three, Spurs have turned things around since their loss at Manchester City.
Dec 8, 2013, 9:44 PM EST
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — The difference between missed opportunities and bad luck.
Dec 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Fulham decided it early against Aston Villa, while Giroud was denied late at The Emirates.
Dec 8, 2013, 7:40 PM EST
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Collin, Feilhaber, Findley and Schuler may have changed the way we see their careers.
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors (video) 0
- Tim Howard on his stunning display vs. Arsenal, Everton’s good form, tough draw for USA 0
- David Moyes takes “complete responsibility” for Manchester United’s shocking start 2
- Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery to battle it out for Ballon d’Or 1
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014
- Looking at El Tri’s World Cup Opponents