Dec 6, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Forget soccer birthdays: Cindy Crawford turns 42.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
The Champions League is done, fin, finito, but we still have Europa Cup left to check out. Josh Gatt, Steve Cherundolo, and other hardy American souls are ready and willing. Plus, the way MLS is going, we have to imagine there will be like 50 or 60 new trades to report.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
*Ahead on the blog today:
The third in a series of conversations based on Friday’s long conversation with U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann. Today, Mr. Coachman talks about how the American team can get better individually. You’ll want to check this out; trust us.
Plus, the always wonderful witticisms of our crack writing staff. It’s Thursday; enjoy it.
Vilanova: “In principle, it’s just a knock, but we have to wait for results offurther tests. The feeling is it’s not bad, but it’s early.”
— barcastuff (@barcastuff) December 5, 2012
Bruised knee for Messi. Might even be ok for this weekend.
— Sid Lowe (@sidlowe) December 5, 2012
One word: Pheeeeeeeeew.
What you should watch on TV today:
Bordeaux vs Newcastle United! Udinese vs Liverpool! Tottenham Hotspur vs Panathinaikos! (Man, doing this on Thursday is so much easier than Friday.)
We’ll leave you with this:
Don’t scare us like that, Messi.
* Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 0
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1