Dec 12, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Danish international center back Daniel Agger, a Liverpool man since 2006, turns 28 on Wednesday.
San Jose midfielder Sam Cronin, who really should get down on his knees every single day and thank his maker that he escaped the silliness of Toronto and found his way to better things at Buck Shaw Stadium, turns 27 on Wednesday.
Longtime Blackburn and Aston Villas left back Stephen Warnock, now on loan at Bolton, turns 31.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
Regional champion Monterrey (tops in CONCACAF) meet European champion Chelsea in the wee smalls, a semifinal in the FIFA Club World Cup. The match is technically Thursday morning; kickoff on Fox Soccer Channel is 4:30 a.m. ET.
And the U.S. women’s team meets China in Houston in that team’s latest friendly.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
*Ahead on the blog today:
The next in a series of conversations based on a long conversation with U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann. Today, we talk about Carlos Bocanegra’s evolving role.
And you just know there will be MLS news to talk about, as team’s attempt to get on top of things in this, the shortest MLS off-season to day. First Kick in 2013 is just under 90 days away!
About the picture:
Several fans Tweeted out pictures of the colorful skies over Houston’s BBVA Compass Stadium as the U.S. women’s team went through final rehearsal prior to Wednedsay’s friendly.
What you should watch on TV today:
The U.S. women’s national team will go for a fourth consecutive shutout win over China on Wednesday at BBVA Compass Stadium. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. CT, live on Fox Soccer Channel.
Fans are clearly excited about the chance to see Alex Morgan, Hope Solo, Abby Wambach and the other U.S. Olympic gold medalists …
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 2
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0