Dec 12, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Danish international center back Daniel Agger, a Liverpool man since 2006, turns 28 on Wednesday.
San Jose midfielder Sam Cronin, who really should get down on his knees every single day and thank his maker that he escaped the silliness of Toronto and found his way to better things at Buck Shaw Stadium, turns 27 on Wednesday.
Longtime Blackburn and Aston Villas left back Stephen Warnock, now on loan at Bolton, turns 31.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
Regional champion Monterrey (tops in CONCACAF) meet European champion Chelsea in the wee smalls, a semifinal in the FIFA Club World Cup. The match is technically Thursday morning; kickoff on Fox Soccer Channel is 4:30 a.m. ET.
And the U.S. women’s team meets China in Houston in that team’s latest friendly.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
*Ahead on the blog today:
The next in a series of conversations based on a long conversation with U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann. Today, we talk about Carlos Bocanegra’s evolving role.
And you just know there will be MLS news to talk about, as team’s attempt to get on top of things in this, the shortest MLS off-season to day. First Kick in 2013 is just under 90 days away!
About the picture:
Several fans Tweeted out pictures of the colorful skies over Houston’s BBVA Compass Stadium as the U.S. women’s team went through final rehearsal prior to Wednedsay’s friendly.
What you should watch on TV today:
The U.S. women’s national team will go for a fourth consecutive shutout win over China on Wednesday at BBVA Compass Stadium. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. CT, live on Fox Soccer Channel.
Fans are clearly excited about the chance to see Alex Morgan, Hope Solo, Abby Wambach and the other U.S. Olympic gold medalists …
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (15)
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit